Help with Mk IV serial guys :)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LesCarl

Reaction score
Heya guys, i am wondering if someone could help me with deciding if a Mk IV is wired for 220 or 110 volts.. Should be able to tell where it was first sold by that serial and what market it was for, right?

Anyway, serial is IV 007575

Anyone?

Thx

/C

The part number on the power transfomer, or the one on the left looking from the back will tell you of you have an export version. The serial number is in the B range so it should say 561141 if it is an export model.
If it says 561140 it's a US domestic.

Where is located ?

Flip the amp over and it is stamped in the bottom of the transformer.
You may need a flash light. It should say Mesa ENG. 56113X and EIA 606-321.

Heya Boogiebabies and thx (thanks to Aart too ;) )

it´s located in Sweden right now. The powercord plug is a Swedish one, but looks altered, there IS an american outlet on the back of the amp.. i justdont know anymore.. looks Swedish, seller has had information himself that it is, and i do trust him, i just don´t trust the previous owner before him :)

Trying to get the power trafo part number info from him.

Thx again guys! =)

Some Mark IV's have an outlet on the back, so that is normal.
The power chord should be fixed with that serial I guess. It should note above/next to the power chord: wired for 240(or 230) volts.

Clue solved.

It's for the american market.

I don't have a clue if its modded by someone professional, but it doesn't look like it.

So, I guess I am not buying it, unless the seller can dig out the history behind it, to see if it has been modded or if someone just exchanged the power plug (which, if they did, is kinda idiotic)

THX guys! You rule 8)

Latest posts

Back