Help for my friend's Mk V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAMz

Reaction score
Last weekend I had the chance to sit with my buddy and compare his 2009 MkV vs mine which was made on 2011. After a few hours of playing and a/b testing, his amp started flickering the channels all over the place. It went crazy, all you could hear was the relays "clack, clack, clack...." Not good. We did a few tests replacing the FS cable and FS with mine to no avail. I suppose something with the switching network has been damaged. Any ideas?

JAMz said:
Last weekend I had the chance to sit with my buddy and compare his 2009 MkV vs mine which was made on 2011. After a few hours of playing and a/b testing, his amp started flickering the channels all over the place. It went crazy, all you could hear was the relays "clack, clack, clack...." Not good. We did a few tests replacing the FS cable and FS with mine to no avail. I suppose something with the switching network has been damaged. Any ideas?

What comes to mind is a bad foot switch cable. If you were using the foot switch.
try it without the cable plugged in.

What comes to mind after that is the IC chip that controls the relays, or the low voltage power supplies.

Pretty complicated if the IC is intermittent bad, or related issues.
You need a tech to test it out. That's not a user serviceable part.

Hello,

Yes, we tested the amp with a different cable and footswitch. So the issue is not the FS or the cable, is the amp.

Latest posts

Back