Help. Capacitor came off PCB inside Mark IV!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPIndustrie

Reaction score
The top cover of my Mark IV rackmount wasn't securely fastened (stupid me) and managed to knock off a capacitor on the actual PCB in the chassis of the Amp.

I'm not sure what having a PCB board means in this situation, but please don't tell me my amp is done for? Can a technician solder that back on?

P.S. - anyone know a good amp tech in NYC?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I'm thinking of PC's and motherboards and how if I were to pull a capacitor off that, that would be considered 'done'. lol

Yeah, I def made sure not to plug it in or anything.

probably best not to touch the capacitor also.

JPIndustrie said:
Thanks for the reply.

I guess I'm thinking of PC's and motherboards and how if I were to pull a capacitor off that, that would be considered 'done'. lol

Yeah, I def made sure not to plug it in or anything.

Is the board itself damaged? If not you could just solder it back on, no problem. If the leads on the cap are damaged it's a simple matter of ordering one of the same value and soldering it in there.

I should have added, don't mess with it unless you know how to discharge the power supply before you start. don't get zapped. and by zapped I mean killed.

Latest posts

Back