Gut shots of my IIB with effects loop mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancullinane

Reaction score
A while ago, I picked up a IIB on Ebay that had had the effects loop and reverb mods done to it. I was looking at another post which had a nice picture of the guts of a C+ simulclass. I decided to pul my chassis to do the Boogiebabies 100 point cleaning and mantainance routine, and I was stuck by how similar it looked to the picture of the C+.

Now, I've never seen the insides of a IIB, but from what boogiebabies says the layout is quite different. Whaddya think? As far as I'm concerned, the thing sounds great, VERY close to my 60/100 C+. Any chance I made the score of the century by getting a IIB that was converted to a C+ back in the day?

Also, Why does denatured alcohol leave a white residue on the metal chassis...and how do I get rid of it????

boogie1sn7.jpg

That's a sexy trio you got there :shock: can you post a few hi-res pics of your IIB chassis? That one is very small and you can't make out the details of the circuit board. It'll probably be an RP-9 board.

dancullinane said:
Also, Why does denatured alcohol leave a white residue on the metal chassis...and how do I get rid of it????

Denat alcohol has a small percentage of contaminant (often a dye) which renders it toxic for consumption - that's the residue. Simply rub it off with a cloth moistened with water, or use a purer solvent (better, as water might cause more rust).

One of the "effects" reported by Mark IIb owners and Mike B. (from what I've read) that recieved the effects loop mod was the shift toward a C+ tones post mod.

The Effects Loop mod is still available, but not the C+.

I'm gonna wait for Boogiebabies responce as far as your amp having the C+ mod.

I've had my IIB for a long time and I'm still amazed how good it sounds.

Clean :)

That effects return jack is the oddest switched jacked I've ever seen, it looks positively home-made :) I've seen it on other IIBs. It's a 60/100W. Notice the transistors on the EQ board, they've been socketed, the tech had to replace a misbehaving transistor so he decided to put them on all the transistors. There's some "air-sculpture" stylee mods, with that little PTP tower above it around your V3, which are part of the reverb mod. You can just make out the dull blue relay (above the pull lead) that's a dead giveaway for a IIB RP9. I wouldn't know half of what I do about Boogies without our resident jedi master.

Got more pics? If you can get the left corner of the preamp board, we'll be able see the RP-9 markings.

Thanks!!

I'll take a few more shots tonight or tommorrow. You guys really know every detail of these things

dan

Dutchman said:
One of the "effects" reported by Mark IIb owners and Mike B. (from what I've read) that recieved the effects loop mod was the shift toward a C+ tones post mod.

The Effects Loop mod is still available, but not the C+.

I'm gonna wait for Boogiebabies responce as far as your amp having the C+ mod.

I've had my IIB for a long time and I'm still amazed how good it sounds.

It's a IIB as you would need the RP10 or RP11A. The RP10 was the first board produce that Mesa used the LDR's.
The switch is normal for the IIB, it's a large funky Switchcraft.
Other than that, it's a very nice amp and I really dig the booties on the transistors in the EQ amp board.

Latest posts

Back