Everyone post your Boogies!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimAnsell

Reaction score
I was browsing throw my "perviously owned" gear pic folder on my computer and realized, ****, i've had a ton of boogies.
So here they all are.
the only ones i still have now are the mark III blonde/wicker, mark IVa and the 2 boogie metal grill 4x12's.
the rest of the stuff i've bought and sold over the last 4 or 5 years:

mk4a015.jpg

mark IVb
4010.jpg

.50 cal+

50cal1.jpg

mark III no stripe colliseum
Clipboad01.jpg

one of a few dozen mark IIB's fully modded to a C+ (i have the proof letter from boogie still)
DSC00362.JPG

mark IIb
DSC02382.JPG

maverick 2x12
DSC02880.JPG

.50 cal + combo
DSC03063.JPG

2:90 (one of 3 or 4 i've owned)
DSC03278.JPG

60 watt c+ + matching thiele.
DSC03363.JPG

maverick 1x12 combo
DSC03663.JPG

same 60 watt c+ but in a head cabinet and matching recto 2x12
DSC03774.JPG

mark IV combo (probably b)
DSC04032.JPG

mark IV a long
DSC04152.JPG

road ready 4x12
gigrig002.jpg

tremoverb + matching recto 2x12 in custom suade and tan grill
hotblonde.jpg

triaxis

IMG_1409.jpg

mark III green + recto 2x12
mark3002.jpg

mark III red stripe long head on top, mark III green (same one i have in the blonde/wicker head cab now) paduk combo
markIIIs.jpg

mark IVb
markIV.jpg

2x12 halfback
newrig.JPG

tremoverb
trem001.jpg

there are a few more i'm missing, but this is the bulk of them.
again, i don't own these all now.
i just have had these over the years.

Jesus H Christ dude. That's a lot of Boogies. This is all I've got:

deathrigs.jpg

Studio Preamp, Simul 395, and RoadReady 4x12.

I think the .50 Cal + is the most underrated Boogie. Its by far more aggressive than any amp Ive owned. Nails Master of Puppets/thrash metal, also does a good rock sound. I aby those two amps and they compliment eachother perfectly. The razor sharpness of the .50+ and the low end of the Recto, mmmm.

Her's my current Boogie rig:

DSCN0102.jpg

The two Theiles that have the MESA Engineering labels have EV12L's. The Theile that has the MESA/BOOGIE label has a Cannibis Rex in it. The Combo has a Cannibis Rex in it, The Ext. Cab has a Swap Thing in it.

OK I'll play.

We'll start with the rectifiers:
september06099.jpg

I recovered this one with wine red
september06111.jpg

Picked this one up cheap
september06043.jpg

Here's a 94 2 channel
september06001.jpg

The quad rocks.
september06076.jpg

1 of 3 TA's i've owned
september06033.jpg

1 of 2 290's
september06003.jpg

Picture003.jpg

This is the Japan rig. I bought a Boss half rack space mixer to complete the setup. I also shipped the above quad to Japan (i did this to prevent myself from buying a Mark series head for Japan) and another EVM 12L for the 212 cab.
Picture011.jpg

The 20/20 was my first piece of Mesa and impressed me as far as build quality goes but more importantly the size and tone of the power amp in such a small package. I bought this about 1 year ago and now look what i've been through in such a short period of time! The 20/20 will probably always be in my possession because it simply rocks!

Greg

My.50 Caliber + , and vertical Recto 2x12. Super Heavy Sounding (for it's size) with a speaker change (dumped the V30's) and put in an EVM-12L and an Emi Swamp Thang!.

MesaBoogieministack.jpg

img4737ga2.jpg

Picture of my cabinet, I'll try to post a picture of my amp pretty soon.
The cabinet has four old vintage marshall speakers, I think all v30.

FiveBoogies.jpg

Top Left-to-right: Maple Mk2C (later upgrade by Mike B to a '+'); Imbuya Mk2C+ 60Watt; Imbuya Mk2C 60Watt (now lives in Australia) all with EVs
Bottom left-to-right: Mk3 Blue stripe with Celestion (Sold); Imbuya open back with EV; Imbuya MK3 blue stripe with EV
Liverig.jpg

Left: Mk2C+ 60Watt (again); 18Watt hand-built Marshall Clone sitting on top of open back and thiele cabs with EVs
Ian.jpg

Behind me: V-Twin and TriAxis preamps with 20/20 feeding an Imbuya open back and a birch ply thiele cabs with EVs
Ian

This thread should be stickyed. :D

My one-and-only Boogie (for the moment):

Fully loaded export IIC+
DSCN0421.jpg

DSCN0431.jpg

Latest posts

Back