Everyone post your Boogies!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IbanezII.jpg

I'm an electronics tech and have been working on my own and others tube amps for 10+ years now so get a lot of amps from ebay with issues and fix them up and sell them, usually for a slight profit, and keep the ones I want. I also pick up stuff I see for a good price that I want to try out and open up and check out so I have pictures of quite a few boogies I have or had. Here's most of them.
triplerec.jpg

This is the chrome chassis triple rec I saw posted on here so hit the buy it now. It had an issue when I got it that I wrote about on here. Simple fix and an awesome amp.

strategy500.jpg

Rare Strategy 500 power amp that is fetching about 1000 lately on ebay. It came loaded with ge 6550's and some jan 6l6gb that I hoped would sell for a bit but only got around 50 for them, the gb's can't handle higher voltages well.

roadking.jpg

This I traded for on here. Traded a mark IVa and vtwin pedal for it. Roadking series 1.

mk4a.jpg

This is the mark IV I traded. Bought this after seeing it listed on here as well. Put the new headcase on it that I bought off here and sold the old beaten up case on ebay for more than I paid for this brand new one.

m190.jpg

Old m190 power amp. Measure about 170 watts clean out of it loaded with JJ 6L6's. Only got about 180 loaded with matched ge 6550's. So these m190's, 400's and d180's don't produce much more power with 6550's then 6L6's. I did adjust the bias for each tube type.

halfbacks1.jpg

These are the two half backs I got empty locally. They had dummy speakers in them and now have ev's in bottom and c90's up top.

halfbacks2.jpg

This is one of the other half backs and the one I have had for quite a while. A bit newer, came loaded with all c90's but now has the eminence delta pro's in bottom and c90's up top.

d180.jpg

Had this d180 for a while and sold it when I sold the m190. I have another d180 on the way with eq so it will probably be staying. Needs some work though.

1824_12.jpg

1d33_12.jpg

Here's the d180 that is coming.

400.jpg

My old 400+. I kept this amp for around 10 years. It was one of the first year 400+'s with 6 band eq. I ended up selling it when I got the d180 and a 400. Sent it to australia.

2x15.jpg

Diesel 2x15 with ev's. Great cabinet.

3coliseumblue.jpg

Mark 3 coliseum simul class blue stripe. Still have this. Paid 700 bin. Awesome head.

3bluestripe.jpg

Mark 3 blue strip simul, sold this when I got the coliseum. Both of them had the r2 mod done and adjustable bias installed. The person who bought this from me sold it on ebay about a month later and wrote in the description that mike B did the R2 mod. I almost emailed him to bring up the lie but figured, oh well...

2a.jpg

Mark 2a. This came with eq installed but I removed it to install in my mark 2B coliseum. This is now in canada.

1st400.jpg

This was my first 400 which I recently sold on ebay when I got a 2nd one that needed work.

2nd400.jpg

Here's the 400 I have now. I might end up selling it after I get the d180.

2bcoliseum.jpg

Here's my mark 2B coliseum that I put the eq into. I started a thread a while ago showing the face plate I tried to mod and was going to make a sticker for the eq but I ended up lucking out and mesa had a 2B long chassis with eq faceplate still(I got the last one) and I put new eq pots in while I was in there.

I had another markIVa combo that I don't have and front shot pictures of too that came with an EV. I put a c90 in it and resold it after I got my mark3. I have a lot of internal shots of all of these and have worked on various things inside of them all so if anyone wants any other pictures or has questions, feel free to ask.

I'm not in a band right now so don't really get a chance to crank any of my stuff but once I can, it will be loud!!!

The d180 ended at around 400. I've gotten quite a few amps now in worse shape that don't take much for me to get going so I feel all right about the price. It should be here tomorrow so I'll know better than. Lately, I have had my run of replacing eq transistors and power switches and a couple resistors. I figure I will pull the transformers and sand them and repaint them so it should look really nice after all is said and done.

setup.jpg

My Mark IV and Thiele setup. Mid '91 Mark IVA shorthead and an early '90s EV 12L loaded Thiele. The guitar is my G&L Rampage. I am missing that rig a lot right now and I am really thinking about coming back to Mesa with a slightly different rig.

Latest posts

Back