Does My Mesa Have A Chinese Transformer?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
A thread in the amps forum brought this up. A guy said Schumacher transformers are Chinese. Since when?

My Blue Angel is a 2000'.

Are there no American transformer builders? Or is this a hint of things to come?

Just sayin'.........

Will they soon just be "assembled" in U.S.A., of Chinese parts?

I mean if the tubes, transformer, and speakers are Chinese........

There's your tone chain.

I don't know the direct answer to your question. Could be going that route though mang.

I saw a show on the tube or should I say LCD display (made in China) about how America is in a serious trade deficit right now.
We (U.S.) manufacture far less these days as it IS cheaper to send them (China) recycled raw materials, metals, plastics, rubber, etc and have them convert it into more usable shtuff.

My '93 Transformers are US made, I think. :roll:

ThunderMonkey said:
I don't know the direct answer to your question. Could be going that route though mang.

I saw a show on the tube or should I say LCD display (made in China) about how America is in a serious trade deficit right now.
We (U.S.) manufacture far less these days as it IS cheaper to send them (China) recycled raw materials, metals, plastics, rubber, etc and have them convert it into more usable shtuff.

My '93 Transformers are US made, I think. :roll:

Due to the U.S. job market shift towards professional service industries.

Guess why our Nasdaq and Dow Jones are doing well? Foreign investments, bigtime. If they pulled out we'd all be sitting naked, cold, and in the dark.

Murphy Slaw said:
A thread in the amps forum brought this up. A guy said Schumacher transformers are Chinese. Since when?

My Blue Angel is a 2000'.

Are there no American transformer builders? Or is this a hint of things to come?

Just sayin'.........

Will they soon just be "assembled" in U.S.A., of Chinese parts?

I mean if the tubes, transformer, and speakers are Chinese........

There's your tone chain.
I know the celestion speakers that mesa uses are still made in the UK .

There are more American transformer manufacturers than you can shake a stick at. The EIA 606 Mesa Shumachers were made in the USA and the 166 Mesa Transformer is still made in the USA. The only difference is that Schumacher never stamped Made in the USA like the current Mesa's. They have it screen printed, at least. Schumacher is still in the transformer business, but make car battery chargers.

Latest posts

Back