Distortion/Boost/Overdrive Pedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey I'm looking for something to help me get a great lead sound out of a rectifier (Series II Rect-o-verb). I'm hoping to trade that for a Mark IV sometime soon, but which pedals would you pros suggest if I want a smooth high-gain lead tone like JP or Joe Satriani? I was thinking about a full-drive 2 cause I know JP used one on Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (in my opinion the best tone ever) and Satch said he had one in his rig too. I'm only thinking that maybe the sounds they got from the full-drive aren't the same ones I was aspiring for. Any suggestions?

MI Audio Crunch Box. Lots of gain and sustain with smooth and edgy lead tones. nice power chord punch

Yeah, the Crunch Box is awsome for that cooking marshall sound! Also check out the Xotic BB Preamp. Now THAT's smooth! :D

just got the xotic bb preamp yesterday.. excellent. I also own an Ibanez ts-808 and the digitech bad monkey. All are very nice. Not considering money,,, the bb is the best of the 3. After getting over only spending $40 for the bad monkey and comparing it to the ts808,,, I thought the 808 was really a better sounding pedal.. smoother...... even though with the monkey you can adjust your mids lower unlike the 808........ but the bb is again I believe one league all together higher than the 808. very nice it is... you have the best of both worlds.. even smoother than the 808,,more sustain,,more gain,, more volume and better harmonics.. very well engineered.

Back