DC as blueprint for the Lonestar?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herrball

Reaction score
A question for the more technically savvy tone freaks out there in boogie land.......

I was trying out a Lonestar at GC the other day and from a pure tone perspective, did notice some similarities btwn my DC-5 and the Lonestar. Sure, the lonestar has the extra switches for 10/100w and the thick/thicker settings but to my ears, there were some similarities. Admittedly, both are 6L6 driven and RS shoots for that big Blackface clean sound but the voicing on the lead channel had a similar feel as well. Maybe its just me.
I'd be interested to hear others thoughts, especially those who have looked at the guts of both. It made me think the DC was the blueprint for the Lonestar considering both are two channel. Not sure of the overlap of EOL of the DC and intro of the Lonestar......

And for those who were going to ask, yes, same guitar so it was a fair comparison. (Outside of the cavern of GC compared to my small home studio)

Thoughts/comments/observations/rants?

Latest posts

Back