DC 5 Effects Loop Issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckd22

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to the board. My DC5 combo has a small problem with the effects loop. When I have the mix knob at 100% wet, there is still a small amount of signal that bleeds through the speaker. This makes it difficult to tune silently since my Boss GT 6 is in the loop.

Anyone know anything about this issue? BTW, I did search the forums but I came up empty.

Thanks, and I look forward to haning around here.

Chris

The loop in the DCs is a parallel loop that only goes from about 10% to 90%. This is different to a series loop that is basically all or nothing depending on whether or not something is plugged into the send and/or return.

It is possible to modify the existing parallel loop with a push/pull pot that allows the loop to be selected as a series or parallel loop. I've done this to my DC-2, and it works really well - I just pull on the pot to make it series, and press it back in to go to the standard parallel functionality.

Is this a difficult mod? Do you have a schematic? It sounds like this would be a good solution to my problem. Thanks for your help.

Chris

I don't have a schematic, but you should be able to find something on the net somewhere. I've heard it talked about before. :)

Back