A Live JP2C Implementation... Any Others?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarebitusa

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
For the Mesa gear nerds...

Ok this is the JP2C sub forum and no I do not have a JP2C :eek: but do have something similar... a IIC+ HR. Amazing amp. Gigged it live for many years but it had always been a bit of a compromise to cover a wide range of musical genres. So a while ago went looking for a 3 Chan Mesa with Clean, Crunch Rhythm and Lead chans. It came down to a V:90, TC or a JP2C. Ended up with the V in large part cause of a Godfather like "Offer He can't refuse" deal presented itself, plus the JP2C in my mind was perhaps duplication.

Do dig the V... currently it's my #1 live rig, have alot of time invested tweaking it in, 4CM, Boss Core, etc. It was a steep learning curve and a fanboy now but can totally understand why some folks give up on it, feature richness leads to complication and at times yes, they can be temperamental.

But man... gotta give it up for the JP2C live. This weekend, in a small club, unmic'd setting @Doug Doppler was playing with his JP2C rig. Hearing firsthand is believing... amazing tone, sat perfectly in the live with a 2nd guitar, bass & drums mix and cut thru without being overbearing. Yea there was more to the rig then just the JP2C and Doppler can play, but it was impressive nonetheless. A bit of an overview of the rig gets alluded to here.

Doppler JP2C Rig

Now that I've heard this example I admit that the has been stoked GAS a bit... if anyone else has a JP2C live rig pros/cons and would like to share the details, I for one would be very interested.

Back