Can the Stiletto do Metal? HECK YES!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez4life SZ!

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I remember this question being asked a bunch of times in the past...finally got the time to record a little tone video, so I'll share.

First, I had NO idea the family camera was so bad at recording video....oh well....excuse to get a new one, but in this clip, don't really expect to see anything....it's all for the sound :lol:

As for the playing, it's just random noodling....riffs from Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, Alter Bridge, etc....I'll do some more in the future that have some more continuity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPcuFHvSRf0

Let me know what you think!

Eric

man, that was some of the best tone I've heard out of a new Mesa in a while. Very impresed! It also helps you're plugging that PRS in there.

Heck yeah the Stiletto can do Metal! That was pretty heavy! I couldn't hear the commentary very well coz my speakers at work suck. Did you get your C90s in yet? Were you boosting with an OD?

I played my Stiletto Ace at a jam session Friday with friends and it sounded awesome. I played a friend's Jackson with EMGs tuned to drop B and it was HEEEAAVY. I was very happy with it. My BFR sounded good as well...

No boost at all, and only V30s in the cab....the C90 cab should be here this week, so I should have news on it ,with reviews and all.

Appreciate the comments. The RFT made a HUGE difference in fattening things up, and taking out that high end fizz while leaving a HUGE and aggressive tone. The pickups and guitar helped too :lol:

Appreciate the comments, and thanks for looking!

Eric

Hmmm... I'll have to try out an RFT in V1. The rest are stock? I don't mind swapping V1 for a different tube but I don't like to get into swapping all tubes. V1 makes the most difference IMO...

Wow man. That is nice tone! I demo'd a deuce out in a store. Tried some different sounds with it but I never cranked it up to metal. I had no idea it did it that well. Thanks to your video I wouldn't hesitate on pulling the trigger on this when that becomes possible haha. It would be sweet to have these sounds along side all the sounds of the Mark IV.

is it an RFT ecc82? or some other RFT preamp tube? That thing sounds amazing man! I'm wondering what that tube could do in the v1 of my Triple!?!?

-AJH

MesaENGR412 said:
is it an RFT ecc82? or some other RFT preamp tube? That thing sounds amazing man! I'm wondering what that tube could do in the v1 of my Triple!?!?

-AJH

Amazing sound!!! Do you think is it possible to use a different tube in the v1 of a Triple to obtain a similar tone? What do you think about using EL-34 in a Triple?

For you rectifier users, I'd SERIOUSLY recommend the RFT as well....I had this same tube in the 3 channel right below the Stiletto, and I was grinning ear to ear when I hit the chords....if I decide to keep the recto and run in stereo, it is definitely getting an RFT as well.

This is honestly the best preamp tube I've ever played. I'm not crazy enough to load my entire amp with NOS, but for V1, I can splurge. It REALLY made a difference.

Back