burn mark on my DC-5

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puggles

Reaction score
hey i recently started leaving my DC-5 head at my friends house because of band practice. the bad news is that the other guitarist left a cone shaped incense burning on the top of the amp and he forgot to put it out.. as a result there is a nasty circle burned into the leather. does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of such a burn mark?

Thanks

It'll be cheaper in the long run to get rid of the putz, er, I mean, the other guitarist.
No telling what other damage he's capable of.
What's his fave album, "Pyromania"? :D

I've "forgotten" one of those before, too. It didn't leave a burn mark, it left a burn HOLE. You can either leave it, and call it "charachter", or you may have to re-cover the amp.

That must have thrilled you to no end . :(

I'd take it to an upholstery shop that does leather repairs . It will pay to ask around .
If you luck out they can make a nearly invisible fix by either filling and/or matching the dye job .

Then give your "Guitarist friend" the bill . :)

how hard would a tolex project be? if I did it I'd be afraid of it looking cheap. but then again that means I'd need to pay a professional, sorry "friend" :twisted: . I like the upholstery idea as well, I'll take a look around and try to find some prices and what not.

my friend just told me he'd give me $50 if what he did really bothered me :roll:. I told him that $50 might not cure this one... BUT I did tell him I've been meaning to retube and service my amp :D

EDIT: thanks for the help so far

Back