Boogieless no more.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubs_42

Reaction score
After hitting a rough patch I had to sell my Stiletto Ace Head. I had a Tremoverb before that and was looking for another when I came across a Single Rectifier V1 numbered below 200. Sounded great and its no just for metal. **** Great clean channel as well as a Rockin Vintage Channel. I'll pick it up on Wednesday and I can't wait.

BTW I just checked ebay and there is an early Dual Rec in the same town I live it. Too much amp for me. Just FYI though.

Good score. I love those V-1 models. Did hate the switching latency though. Vintage mode was by far my favorite.

I rock a V1 Single myself. I prefer Vintage mode and run an OD808 in front. I have some NOS tubes in there now (RFT, JAN Phillips) but may try out some new production stuff soon.

That is exacly what i'll be doing. I set up the Vintage Channel at the shop and I have a Keeley TS9 and a Timmy for boost. It'll sound great. I've started to look for a verticle 2x12 of some sort. Maybe a boogie or a MOJO Diagnal 2x12. I have a TT 4x12 but **** I don't wanna go back to lugging a 4x12 around. I'll save it for bigger gigs if they ever come. Its my goal to get back at harder this years so you never know.

Bubs, try a Thiele 2 x 12. I believe Dr Z makes one called "Z Best Cab" or you can simply make it like I did for half the price. They sound gigantic, almost as big as a 4 x 12.

bubs_42 said:
That is exacly what i'll be doing. I set up the Vintage Channel at the shop and I have a Keeley TS9 and a Timmy for boost. It'll sound great. I've started to look for a verticle 2x12 of some sort. Maybe a boogie or a MOJO Diagnal 2x12. I have a TT 4x12 but **** I don't wanna go back to lugging a 4x12 around. I'll save it for bigger gigs if they ever come. Its my goal to get back at harder this years so you never know.
Can't go wrong with a Mesa 2x12. I'm intrigued by Avatar cabs. They get some pretty good reviews around the net and they are very affordable. Maybe not the choice for your #1, but great for a second rig or as a backup I suppose. Also hear great things about Orange, Mills Acoustics, Bogner. You're going to pay for those ones though. I run a 4x12 Recto cab with my amp. I don't play in a band anymore so certainly don't need it, but eff it, no real reason to sell and get a smaller one.

Avatar makes good cabs. I have to say that the TT cab is no worth the 1150 bucks. I bought mine used but after removing the tolex to fix shipping damage I found that its just stapled together. No joints or anything. So i'm glueing and Screwing and she will be better than new. I have 3 speakers and just need one more but I'm thinking of just going with 2 Ceramic TT's and mixing them with somthing else. Maybe a Greenbacks or V30's? I don't know something without a tone of throw that well match the TT's well. So maybe I can run the head a little hotter without killing anyone out front. :D

I got the cabinet done and this head sounds great. It's not exactly me but it sounds awsome. I think I have the lows at maybe 9 O'clock and she thumps. The 4x12 gotta go I lugged it out tonight and when I came back I left it in the car. I have to get a smaller cab. I've got the head set to the Vintage setting and the gain at about 11:57 and it big and bold then I smack it with a Timmy. I admitt that the clean is better than what I had on my Tremoverb or my Ace but I miss the
Ace.

Latest posts

Back