Best Amp I Ever........

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i tried rectos and some diezels, but prefer my studio pre above all! even if powered by a mosfet poweramp.

ursinus said:
Cornford MK50H II
The same amp that Guthrie Govan uses. It is the sweetest amp I have ever tried. Even sweeter than the Fuchs TDS 50

Nope! It is still my MK IV! I like the MK50 II and I like the Fuchs TDS 50 and will probably add both to my collection eventually, but my MK IV still is the best.........

thelordofcheesecake said:
Mine's got to be a Cornford Hellcat - boy, oh boy does that amp suit me. However, for tasty clean tones the Mesa Mark IIB takes the biscuit.

I recently repaired one and got to play with it for a while. It is definitely a great sounding amp, but I still prefer the MK50 over it. But, as I mentioned earlier. Still love my MKIV overall

jesserides2005 said:
....plugged in and played with minimal adjustments. A Diezel Herbert. The only reason(s) I've never bought one?

(a) Availability
(b) Price
(c) Service
(d)Loyalty to the company that's kept me happy for decades. Mesa.

peace,
-d

+1!!!!! i remember the first time i played a Diezel Herbert. i sat down, plugged into it and i couldn't believe what i was hearing. i hadn't even touched a knob yet and i loved what i was hearing. one day i will own one but they are just too expensive :(

Siegmund Midnight Blues head,

blues breaker model option, parallell effects loop option, lowest voltage power transformer option, Radiospares enhanced output transformer option...Mercury Magnetics

Best warranty and service in boutique amp business by far! Secondhand owner warranty plan from builder in effect

Jacks for bias adjustment and bias balance between output tubes

Bias adjustment knob for first preamp tube

Choice of SS, or various rec tubes

output tube primary impedance selector switch

class a/ab switch, 16 ohm output only

choose what tubes you want from your collection of 6f6, 6v6, kt61, kt66, kt77, kt88, kt90, 6l6, el34, 6550,

Not an amp for the uninformed. Single channel. Derived from the earliest Marshall JTM45, does the EC bluesbreaker/beano tone in spades, killer old school Marshall tone. :D The more you know about vacuum tubes/theory the more you will get out of this amp. Amazingly detailed, musical sounds, especially with vintage old stock tubes. Tone designer's dream amp. I will NEVER sell this one.

Once plugged a Yamaha 100 watt FET solid state head from the speaker out into a Silvertone/Danelectro amp with 2 6V6s. I went from the speaker out of the dimed Yamaha into the input on the Dano. It was the best tone ever for about 5 minutes and then the yellow smoke rolled forth!! :D :shock: :D :shock: :twisted:

212Mavguy said:
Siegmund Midnight Blues head, .. Derived from the earliest Marshall JTM45, ... killer old school Marshall tone. :D ...
Yup, I read all about this amp. Nails the Blues Breaker tone yet with improvments and upgrades :p

Something about plugging straight into my 2204S JCM 800 just makes me smile every time. Not a suitable amp for all my styles. But it does what it's ment to do better than any medium gain amp out there IMO. Of course putting pedals in the mix, anything is possible.

Sometimes simple is better.

Ok, Ok, so I went to the LA Amp show and played a Red Iron Amps "T-Rex" 2-EL34's Cathode biased. Puts out about 30 loud watts has only 3 controls in the front Volume, bass, and treble. The back only has impedance selector and two output jacks. I played this through a 74' Marshall 4x12 OH MY GOD!!!!!! It was amazing. Touch sensitivity, chime dirt, all a matter of your playing dynamics. It responded awesomely to your volume and tone knobs. This amp floored me among the gazillion amp makers that were there. Second to this was the Fuchs TDS100. I have wrestled with getting one of these, but I think I am now ready to pull the trigger on one. Third were the Swart Amps. Funny name, but what tones.... 8)

I too prefer a non master volume amp, and I'm digging my Blue Angel 1;12 combo with a V30 now. A lot. Very tube versatile and I'm understanding the Dr Z craze, 30 watts class A (Stangray/Blue Angel on 4;EL84 setting) is a very good combination.

Before that I really liked my Fender (Zinky designed) Prosonic. I still own it and it's an amazing combo as well.

I'm not into high gain and those two amps cover me well.

the best sound i ever had was a 77ish marshall masterlead mkii. i still miss it. the reason i got rid of it was that you had to turn the master up to about 8 to get that sound. probably too loud for madison square gardens. oh man it really nailed that early van halen tone and then some. btw it had 6550's.

a close second would be my old tremoverb.

My Crate, (or was it a Rogue? or Behringer), I can't recall.

I played a guitar collector's '59 Flame top Faded Cherry Sunburst Les Paul PAF through it, man, you could not tell if I was playing his Les Paul PAF or a Samick Les Paul. It sounded that good.

That fizz, sporatic, buzz saw tone playing single string "Smoke On the Water" sounded like I took tons of guitar lessons. Man can't wait to go to my local Guitar Center and teach those guitar punks a lesson.

I'll try to post some clips. :twisted:

I'd have to say the Bogner Uberschall for me and I need to give mention to the Marshall JCM800 2203 (Build 1983). I use the latter for rock gigs and it's amazing. Why do older Marshalls mike up so nicely?

soldano slo for sure. After that it would be a bogner extacy.
both were great but the price was a bit high.plus my mark III has more of my sound.

i wanna play a Diezel just to see what all the hype is all about. Do they have as much gain as the rectifiers?

The best amps I have ever played are my Matchless Lightnin' 15 2X12 and my Harry Joyce Custom 30.

Recently got a VHT Sig:X and it's amazing. What's cool about it is how different it is from Mesas. Its getting close to pleasing me as much as the MK IV. You know, you sit down to play, and an hour later you look up with a big s%#t eating grin on your face. I can highly recommend it. Bottom end beats the RoadKing, and I am currently using a LSS as my cab until I find something more suitable.

Latest posts

Back