who use/used triaxis for recording????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
me...

:p

kidding aside, yeah this could be a cool idea. i'd like to see famous people who uses/have used triaxis to produce their sound.

I don't get the point of this. There are so many variables involved that make a search like this kind of pointless:

Artist
Guitar
Pickups
Strings
Room
Mics
Preamp
EQ
Effects
Recording medium
Engineer
etc...

For example, Jimmy Page used Telecasters and Supro combo amps on early Led Zep records, but used Les Pauls and Marshalls live to get the same sort of feel as the recordings.

people are always gonna ask. you can model any amp to sound like another in a way. but the main variables (aside from the player and the fingers) are always gonna be amp and pickups/gutiar...

however the recording process is the hardest thing for people to understand how it truly distorts the original signal. unless you record yourself its hard to understand. since i got a studio and got loads of gear in there and am workign on perfecting my engineering skills now i understand. and i also see everything differntly. guitars are always overdubbed and double tracked and there are different mic techniques, some prodcuers eq/compress some dont. room type, etc. etc. etc.

but as complicated as it is sometimes it comes down to basics -< if you wanna sound like slash, start by playing a "deep" guitar like an LP or something of that sort with seymour duncan 59's or alcino ii's through a marshall jcm 800/jcm 900. if you wanna get the jimmy page sound get a marshall 100w master volume head and an LP, if you wanna sound like john petrucci get a mesa boogie rectifier or triaxis or mark iic+ and play through a basswood guitar (ibanez or ebmm) and dimarzio steve special pickups ifyou wanna sound like nuno bettencourt play a bill lawrence equipped gutiar through ada mp1 pre amps and like a mesa 50/50 power amp or something.... etc. etc. you get the point.

people will always ask and you can always point them. can i use a triaxis and an esp with emgs to sound like slash, sure if i spend time eqing everything. it sont be authentic but you get the point.

Latest posts

Back