Advice Needed: Triaxis: The right distortion?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 84601

Reaction score
Hi,

As part of fixing up a Triaxis I'm working through the audio path and making sure everything is as expected. The unit has a catalogue of issues so I'm working through everything in an objective way.

To do this I'm injecting a 400Hz sine wave and seeing how it looks through the amp.

For all lead channels, except LD1-Red, the signal compresses and moves towards more of a square wave. This is typical of harmonics which square up the sine wave - see IMG_3241.jpeg.

The LD1-Red is however very different. At very low gain the sine wave bends - this is typical of eg Klon, where the harmonics pinch and distort the sine wave to one side. See IMG_3242.jpeg. However with a little more gain the sine wave bends to the point where it distorts in a strange way. See IMG_3243 which is typical of what I get with the factory default preset No.1.

I have the TX4D card present so this will be active for LD1-Red.

I don't have any reference to know what to expect from the Triaxis, so it's hard to know what I'm aiming for.

Does anyone have a reference or view on what's normal for a Triaxis in working condition? Both for LD1-Red and other lead channels.

Thanks,
Stu.

Attachments

• IMG_3241.jpeg
    IMG_3241.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3242.jpeg
    IMG_3242.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3243.jpeg
    IMG_3243.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 0