which pair of overdrives for my studio .22+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diegs

Reaction score
hey, i'm building my effects setup to compliment my guitar and amp, i could really use some help.

i love the clean tone on my studio .22+. i want to stack a pair of boosts/overdrives in front of it so i can get hairy and then lead tones for rhythm and then lead respectively.

any thoughts on this? i'm on something of a budget--i think that barber have a good price/performance ratio and they're true bypass. i'm just not sure which ones would work best.

in terms of tone i really like umphrey's mcgee, modern distortion but not heavy. i'm not really looking for the "singing" leads of robben ford/larry carlton. oh and i'm playing a prs ce-22 (humbuckers). thanks!

I've tried many and currently have a VS Route66, VodkaMods Rat2, MI Audio Crunch Box, Marshall Guvnor Plus, and Fulltone OCD. I really like the Crunch Box for heavy sounds and the OCD has a very nice blues sound (can get raunchy as well). Both pedals very dynamic. Good luck.

I think you might be able to squeeze what you want out of the amp without pedals.

You've probably already tried this, but turn the volume all the way down, crank the master all the way up, and SLOWLY bring the volume up.
The sound will be loud, bright and crisp, but super pick sensitive.

Back