Mesa Boogie Studio 22

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurentB

Reaction score
I found out on another board that my Studio 22 isn't a 22+. It does have the equalizer, but not a separate overdrive channel volume control.
Anyway, after decades of playing through digital modelers, I made the decision to go back to pedals and a really good tube amplifier, like I used before 1990. Still in the process of discovering this vintage amp :) Basically, all my guitars sound great through this amp, from an Ibanez Musician, an Aria PE-175 jazz guitar, a Gibson Les Paul Studio to this Fender Stratocaster in the picture:
mesa_boogie.jpg

Last edited:
Drool. I'd love to have a hardwood studio amp. Front panel says studio series just like my '86. I think later on it was changed to .22 caliber or something similar. I think these are sleepers, sound really good both clean and dirty.

Laurent your amp looks beautiful.
I've had 2 Studio.22+ amps since 1993. Built like tanks, they've been gigged literally 100's of time, no issues. Incredibly versatile, they have some of the best cleans I've ever heard, and that's saying a lot since I'm a vintage Fender fanatic.

Vintage SWEET!!

I had a 22+ back in the day...it was my first Boogie on the journey to my Mark V. Never had the wicker though :)

Latest posts

Back