What to expect from a mark III simuclass with reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shep said:
reo73 said:
Shep said:
the + is saying it's a early mk III.. these were before the black stripe.. that sound the same as the black..

My understanding is that prior to the colored stripes they used either a black dot or a no stripe and not a +. The + would indicate the C+ mod or someone mistook a IIC+ for a III (you can only hope!). Or it was a forged +.

#1 - No mark or a little dot. Only a few hundred then some balck marks or "+"'s .

- Lean and powerful amp with more output power than a IIC+

#2 - Purple: reshaping of R2

- R2 was shaped to be more "rounded" and less gain, with improved level

#3 - Red: R2 is like current Mark III

- R2 further developed and very hot. Lead mode is also tweaked to close in on the IIC+ sound

#4 - Blue: Reshaping of R1

- More aggressive preamp gain - reshaping of R1, Power section made akin to IIC+

#5 - Green/Simul-Class: Final R1 and Lead Channel reshaping

Well then, I stand corrected.

Well this may be a stupid question but where does that but the no stripes at it really doesn't say anything except that it lacks what the others have ahd done to them, it makes the no stripe seem like **** compared to the others with their revisions.

If you had to say which one a no stripe sounded like which one would it be the first revision obviously, are the no stripes less desireable?

"As with all things MESA, what these various stages represent are a matter of opinion with respect of the sound character. Don't let anyone pass on a bunch of bullshit about one being better than the other. They represent snapshots in time of the development of an amplifier line. If the amplifier gets you the tone you want, the jiffy marker is nothing more than a mark of its vintage. Much anxiety is generated in the Mark III group by this extensive evolution, much because of misinformation about what these stripes represent."

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/dot.html

i hope this thing slays the 6505+ will it lol :oops: i hope i didn't get a country machine lol joking

The 6505 will have it's insides implode if set next to the mark III, the mark III's are known to destroy other amplifiers in their vincinity, this is one of the reasons I had to sell mine, kept finding odd things happening to the mark IV and DR while next to the III, since it's been gone the other amps have been happier :twisted: :twisted:

ToneAddictJon said:
The 6505 will have it's insides implode if set next to the mark III, the mark III's are known to destroy other amplifiers in their vincinity, this is one of the reasons I had to sell mine, kept finding odd things happening to the mark IV and DR while next to the III, since it's been gone the other amps have been happier :twisted: :twisted:

if your lying then you just agreed to a legal binding verbal contract, if it doesn't cause the other amps to implode then you have to give me your recto for my mark III.

you agreed lol

My recto is still afraid of III's, every time she sees one it kind of sighs and starts crying to itself, she doesn't know I can hear her :(
The IV just doesn't care, because she knows I play her most :wink:

The mark III, any stripe, will do metal justice (or justice for all :D )

Here's some metallica settings
http://www.chain-metal.nl/mark3/metallica.html

ToneAddictJon said:
My recto is still afraid of III's, every time she sees one it kind of sighs and starts crying to itself, she doesn't know I can hear her :(

thanks man i hope i will be happy with it lol

dropped_2_c said:
ToneAddictJon said:

thanks man i hope i will be happy with it lol

you will first be very happy to see it.. then you plug it in will your fravorite guitar and guitar and then you will be scared.. these amp's are the most loud psycho amp's in the world !!

I used the reverb to fill out the sound a little on days when it just didn't feel thick enough for me (not very often), but it's always good to have it there.

the lead channel sounds good on this amp, I haven't even had the chance to go to 2 this thing is LOUD. and the GEQ makes a huge difference.

Give me some settings. i have some but i want a good rhythm and lead tone all on the lead channel. I think this amp has more gain than my 2 channel recto :cry: but man it is killer i didn't think it had much gain till i spent time with it and changed the tubes( the power tubes were damaged during shioping) and the reverb tank had the springs hanging out :evil: but I am going to get that fixed.

So far tonewise i love it but right now I HATE UPS

Also My amp has no stripe and under the power cord it has a small mb marked on it what does that mean?

to my previous post. i know it has no stripe so it is a possible black stripe or no stripe. but why is it marked mb is that a tech mark or is it specifiaction of something else

ToneAddictJon said:
I used the reverb to fill out the sound a little on days when it just didn't feel thick enough for me (not very often), but it's always good to have it there.

Try sticking an EQ in the loop...move the bass EQ up a tiny bit, mids and treble down a tiny bit (mids a little lower than treble). I do this and the Mark III turns into a high gain machine...but with clarity and thickness.

I've never played one but from what I hear they are ok but are really OWNED BY THE TREM_O_VERB 100 WATT DR. HEAD.
but I do hear nice things about the mkIII when doing things such as the backstreet boys and village people and the likes..

Just kiddin Bro,
congrats on the new amp and thanks for all your help all the time!!!! :wink:

jack

guitarjac said:
I've never played one but from what I hear they are ok but are really OWNED BY THE TREM_O_VERB 100 WATT DR. HEAD.
but I do hear nice things about the mkIII when doing things such as the backstreet boys and village people and the likes..

Just kiddin Bro,
congrats on the new amp and thanks for all your help all the time!!!! :wink:

jack

No problemo jack let me know when you have a gig close by i'd love to check out you guys, and also anytime you wanna come off of the tremoverb you let me know LOL.

Latest posts

Back