What to expect from a mark III simuclass with reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dropped_2_c

Reaction score
I traded a 6505+ for a mark III with GEQ reverb papers all the FTSW's, rackmount, simulclass.

Did i go wrong i am curious I have been wanting a mark III. Could someone tell me what to expect more so with the mark III i had a mark IV years and i mean years ago, I love my recto. i am not regretting the deal I am waiting for someone to call me stupid. I do play metal and I will be playing this in stereo with a dual recto

I was told it doesn't have a stripe it has a small Plus sign that looks like it is wearing away by the powercord. i am not sure if they even done a III+ mod. not just that a + and a MB is easy to add.

So I am assuming it is a no stripe

Interesting. Well in general you can except a more agressive lead sound than the Mark IV has. Whether that's a good or bad thing depends entirely on your tastes.

There's a bit of a controversy about R2, ask around. I hear it's not entirely functional without a mod.

i play metal so the more agressive the better. I'll post pics when i receive it and also I'll post the serial

V the eq .. pull the treble knob,the master knob.. it's sounds like a dual recto but alot more tight ,less buzzy and more focused...so good.. the + is saying it's a early mk III.. these were before the black stripe.. that sound the same as the black..

cool thanks which one is the best mark III i see alot of people like the blue red and green

They are all fairly similar from what I've heard. I know the one I had (blue stripe) was the perfect metal beast, and like shep said it's very much like a tighter, more focused DR. I never spent enough time with mine to get all 3 channels sounding great, but I'm sure it's possible. That's gonna sound amazingly with the DR in stereo. Warn any children in about a 3 mile radius that they might implode :twisted:

ToneAddictJon said:
They are all fairly similar from what I've heard. I know the one I had (blue stripe) was the perfect metal beast, and like shep said it's very much like a tighter, more focused DR. I never spent enough time with mine to get all 3 channels sounding great, but I'm sure it's possible. That's gonna sound amazingly with the DR in stereo. Warn any children in about a 3 mile radius that they might implode :twisted:

thanks thats what i am hoping for lol :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ToneAddictJon said:

Rule of thumb is red is more aggressive and closer to the IIC+ and blue is smoother

Shep said:
the + is saying it's a early mk III.. these were before the black stripe.. that sound the same as the black..

My understanding is that prior to the colored stripes they used either a black dot or a no stripe and not a +. The + would indicate the C+ mod or someone mistook a IIC+ for a III (you can only hope!). Or it was a forged +.

visualrocker69 said:
Who the f%&# would forge a + on a Mark III? That's a petty scam of what, 200 bucks?

lol, thats what i'm saying for what reason. lol

reo73 said:
Shep said:
the + is saying it's a early mk III.. these were before the black stripe.. that sound the same as the black..

My understanding is that prior to the colored stripes they used either a black dot or a no stripe and not a +. The + would indicate the C+ mod or someone mistook a IIC+ for a III (you can only hope!). Or it was a forged +.

#1 - No mark or a little dot. Only a few hundred then some balck marks or "+"'s .

- Lean and powerful amp with more output power than a IIC+

#2 - Purple: reshaping of R2

- R2 was shaped to be more "rounded" and less gain, with improved level

#3 - Red: R2 is like current Mark III

- R2 further developed and very hot. Lead mode is also tweaked to close in on the IIC+ sound

#4 - Blue: Reshaping of R1

- More aggressive preamp gain - reshaping of R1, Power section made akin to IIC+

#5 - Green/Simul-Class: Final R1 and Lead Channel reshaping

Shep said:
reo73 said:
Shep said:

#1 - No mark or a little dot. Only a few hundred then some balck marks or "+"'s .

- Lean and powerful amp with more output power than a IIC+

#2 - Purple: reshaping of R2

- R2 was shaped to be more "rounded" and less gain, with improved level

#3 - Red: R2 is like current Mark III

- R2 further developed and very hot. Lead mode is also tweaked to close in on the IIC+ sound

#4 - Blue: Reshaping of R1

- More aggressive preamp gain - reshaping of R1, Power section made akin to IIC+

#5 - Green/Simul-Class: Final R1 and Lead Channel reshaping

if I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times. the blue stripe is the closest to the IIC+. it takes the preamp from the red which is akin to the IIC+. updates the R1 with slightly more aggressive gain, and tunes the power section to C+ specs. I don't know why people keep saying the red is closest to C+.....

Latest posts

Back