What multi-effects with an LSS?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmerel

Reaction score
Currently use Pod XT in the effects loop - which sounds pretty good to me. Only other effect is a Teese RMC3 wah (and occasionally a Lovetone Meatball) in front of the amp.

There are so many other multi-effects units out there - anybody have any experience with anything else which is worth considering?

Hi Timmerel,

I have used a Boss Me-50 in the loop, and I hated it. I couldn't get a decent volume. Even if i dimed the send and receive. Still nothing functional. It worked well infont of the amp, but going thru the loop. No love

I sold that in place of a Sniper EQ and delay.

Stick with that XTL - my only gripe with it, I only have use for two of the distortion stomps (Fuzz Pi and Killer Z). The rest of the mode/delay effects are top-notch, however...

I use a G-Major (primarily for delay type of effects, not modulation) but don't use it in the effects loop. I prefer to use the slave out on the LSS to the Gmajor (wet signal only) to a power amp then to a separate cab (or just slave it to another combo). I also like to have other effects in front of the amp: chorus, flange, phaser, etc..To my ears this sounds soooo much better and opens up many other possibilities eg.: you still have your sought for and precious tone coming from your amp and you can control each volume level separately. Also, if something in your effects loop fails, you don't loose sound (I had this happen at a gig.Very embarrassing!). An old Steve Morse instructional video turned me on the this concept. Also, have found out that many others use this setup.

to the guy with the ME 50 i know with my dual rectifier the loop is a +4 line level and most guitar pedals are -10, so maybe that was the issue, mesa suggests an ebtech line shifter to correct the levels, or maybe the ME 50 has an internal setting you can change

Latest posts

Back