what mesa is this?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1vic1

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MESA-BOOGIE_W0QQitemZ110314427521QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Amplifiers?hash=item110314427521&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

mark 2b 2c ?

Your on the right path. Best guess is a 60watt Mk II, only 2 power tubes. But I can't tell what version. Ask the seller for a serial number, which will help in identifying which version.

The guy obviously doesn't that much about Mesa/Boogie, based on his "built after Mesa bought Boogie" comment

It looks like it probably says 'GAIN BOOST' rather than 'PULL DEEP' over the Master 1 knob, which suggests (though doesn't prove) that it's a Mark IIB.

It's a IIC.
IIB doesn't have pull above the Bass knob.

Same faceplate as my IIC+ non loaded, but it doesn't have a + sign over the power cord.

it is a IIC and could be a IIC+. He has listed the serial number as 12412 and this is the gray area for C+'s. I have a C+ that is 1239X and it left the factory as a C+. The one pic it looks like pull deep instead of gain boost. It doesn't have any markings above power cord or MB initials. the only way to tell is the effects loop test and if you had gut shots Boogiebabies could tell you for sure.

The Mark III has a LOT of gain, I think probably more than a IIC would, but I can't see any way that a IIC wouldn't be worth getting if it made sense economically.

The IIC has less gain than a III.

I have a IIC and it is a great amp, but it has a distinct tone that some may not like. The tone is more in your face and cutting than any other Mark. Some find it harsh. I like the tone, especially for straight rock. The C has super cleans (Fenderish) and the lead channelis great for, well, playing leads - harmonically rich notes and excellent sustain. The C does not chug/palm mute very well.

I think the amp you are looking at will be a little limited due to the lack of a graphic EQ, which gives you much more tonal options.

IMO, it is worth getting if the price is right, but, I would not over-pay due to its lack of EQ.

Latest posts

Back