I just noticed that Mesa Boogie renamed the compact cabinet line as "Boogie" cabs.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit2013

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I found this but was not really looking for it. I continued on to see what may be different.
Most we are familiar with is still there. However, it seems there is a new open back 410 cabinet with the Celestion creamback speaker and it is described to be used with the JP-2C and Badlander and the other Mark amps. Anyone come across the 410 yet? Mesa/Boogie | 4x10 Boogie Open Back Cabinet

I thought Mesa had a 410 cab before for the Lonestar. I see the change took place in October of 2022.

I think there is another 4x10 other than the LS and Diesel/PH.

The drivers were the alnico Jenson P10R or E50, the 2nd Eminence "Vintage Black Shadow" (1st was VS-12).

Both the Blue Angel and Maverick were available in 410 so maybe one of those? If so I want one! With the blue taurus! Cabs....drool....

Hello my name is Dr. Teeth and I have a problem. Ha!

Wonder if the website is still off. It took them long enough to add the Triple Crown to the new website. What no more California Tweed cabinets? I assume they were removed for a purpose, I do not believe they are discontinued.

Ok, they have the same 410 cab for the Filmore as they do in the compact cabs.
Same dimensions as the vertical 212 cab or widebody 112.

Not sure why, but I want to get one. Curious when they will become available. They are in the preorder state at the moment.

Since I stuffed an EVM12L in my widebody 112 cab, with that and the 410 may sound really good or :poop: . If it was a crappy cab, I doubt they would have spent any time in development. I will have to check out the small combo amps that have the cream back speakers. Wonder what they sound like. No videos or sound clips of the 410 cabs made for guitar.

I ordered one a while ago. Have to wait until end of year based on what I was told by my sales rep at SW. The 410 to match the Filmore is in stock, or it was as they only had two left. The Version for the California tweed costs more, different coverings and speakers.

There is also a 2x10 cab in the same widebody width. If it works out, may end up with another 410 cab to make up a mini full stack.

Just to get a clue how it may sound, I was watching the videos of the Mark V:25 combo that has the 10" Celestion Cream back. Thought it sounded good for such a small footprint.

Still waiting for the 4x10 cab. Was looking for any videos on the subject matter.
However, while searching for potential locations for comments other than Sweetwater I came across this:

https://www.zzounds.com/item--MES0212RDABF
It is a vertical 212 cab but with the speakers at an offset. It is a straight cabinet. Tempting to get one so I can stack the vertical on top of it. Not sure yet if that is a smart move, I see there is potential for it to fall over. Depends on the cabinet depth. If it is 14 inches, I may have to get one. I love the sound I get from two V212 at 4 ohms, quite different than the standard 412.

Confirmed, found the dimensional spec, DIMENSIONS (HxWxD): 26.375" x 21.75" x 14.25" The width may be a bit narrow than the Vertical 212 cab. Will have to check that again at Mesa's website. First time I saw this one.

Well it is not on Mesa's website. Not in the boogie cabs or in the Rectifier cabs.
No other retailer has this one. Come to think of it, not many of them have the open back 4x10.

I am sure it is a promotional release with first rights to sell. Must be some sort of Gibson deal.

Two of those diagonal 212 cabs stacked up may be a killer tone. Not sure this is real. I checked the part number and what comes up is the Horizontal 212. This cab is not that. Oh well. Since it does not have the width dimensions to match the vertical 212, probably will not get one.

Bummer, got a notice that the open back 4x10 cab will take much longer to get than anticipated by first discussion with the sales rep. I will wait. It will take a few months now.

I did locate one, new in box at another Mesa dealer. Not guitar center or any of the larger chain stores as they claim the item is not available. There was another place I found through reverb but in NY. The one I ordered today is coming out of GA. Should have it by next week, Tuesday or Wednesday. Cool.

Finally got one of the 4x10 cabs. Interesting character. I did not expect the low end to be there. It has plenty of the low end. Quite a punchy cabinet. The top end is there as well. Midrange seems to offer a different spectrum of tone than the vertical 212 cab. I did spend about 30 minutes with the one Badlander with the 4x10 but had to hear the cabinet with the Mark VII. It is different but sounds great. If I am eager to do it, I may swap the speakers in one of the V212 with the Celestion Cream Back H75 I have in 16 ohms. Not sure how they will behave in that V212 envelope. I have tried the Creme 90W Alnico, as well as a pair of EVM12L classics (wired as 4 ohms). The V212 seems to be tuned more towards the V30 speaker.

I no longer have any working MC90 speakers so if I run the wide body open back 112 it will be different than stock as I loaded an EVM12L Classic into it. When using the flash on the camera, you get a peak behind the black grill.

20231227_223300.jpg

I did try running the 410 with the V212 using the Mark VII. Pushing both cabinets with one amp was difficult to tell the difference between one or the other. What I will have to do is run two identical amps, one driving the 410 and the other amp with the 112 or 212 cab. Note that all three cabs in the image above are the same width of 23". The only two amps I have of the same caliber are the BAD100s as I got hooked on running two amps in stereo. I also removed the casters from the V212 so you get a better ideal of the size difference. I did not have much time last night to run the two BADS to compare the cabinets. I did place the heads on each so you can see they are the same width. Depth is different. The 4x10 will fit on top of the V212 but you cannot do the opposite as the V212 has a depth of 14 inches. While I was pushing the cabs with the Mark VII, I did stack the 410 on top of the V212. Noticed the low end changed with the 410 once I got it off of the floor. Then again, it was blended with the V212 so it was hard to tell how the sound changed.

20231227_223523.jpg

Have to try this new 4x10 with the JP2C and TC100 as well. I have the TC50 out so that will be used first after I experiment with the two BADS. I do not yet have an opinion, but I can say it is positive. The grind I was getting from the Mark VII sounded really good. It does not quite compare to a 412 cab though (not one loaded with the V30 in the standard size (Oversized Recto cab). If I feel like doing some extra work, which I may end up doing, would be to get the smaller traditional sized Egnator 412 I gutted and replaced the speakers with the Celestion Cream back H75 - 8 ohm speakers. I am sort of curious to hear the difference between the cream back G10 to the G12-H75. For now, I will just focus on what I got out in the studio.

Back