Well, June is just about here.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyeo1

Reaction score
and the heads are nowhere in sight. If i knew this back in January i wouldn't have dropped any money on a deposit. I'm getting beyond fed up.

Although I am in Canada, over the last few months I have heard nothing other then "Shipping last week of May through Early June" for the heads. I am still waiting to hear back about my specific order but 2 different Mesa reps confirmed these dates last Friday for me, so I have no reason to doubt this fact.

I'm with you Dan. It is getting beyond frustrating. Seriously, I do not know why they went the combo route first (unless there truly was a delay with the heads). I'm giving it 3 weeks tops to arrive before I decide to go another route. I don't want to but I'm tired of the wait. Perhaps I'll go with a used Mark IV or try and find a IIC+ with EQ.

I'm just thinking out loud. I'm just tired of the wait.

danyeo1 said:
and the heads are nowhere in sight. If i knew this back in January i wouldn't have dropped any money on a deposit. I'm getting beyond fed up.

Ya know, I saw this coming way back at the beginning of apr. I,d stopped complaining, because I did,nt want to seem like, well, a big complainer. If I had of known that it would be 5 or 6 months before I,d have this amp, no way would I have put my hard earned down.

It,s nice to know that I,m not the only person thats fed up with this waiting ****! All it,s been for weeks & months now is delays, postponements, and more delays.

I,m happy for the combo guys, but trust me, if you were the ones still waiting on your amps after this long, it might not be so easy to say, "keep waiting". And it doesnt help any that there are heads out there (overseas even), weather they,re demo,s or whatever the hell, I want mine too!

Theres a big diff between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot. Can anybody say july or august? In a sec thats what we will be saying.

First run of heads are shipping within the next 3-4 weeks. As it stands, only promos, dealers, some artists, etc...have them. If you had an early order, you should be in the first run.

3-4 more weeks? WTF?! That sounds like some more approximate jargon to keep people hangin on some more...What happened to mid-end of this month?

What,s the hold up now?

I said this back in march , and I,ll say it again once more; can we (first pre-orders) please get a date of when we can expect our **** amps, please After all of this **** time, why can,t we have a date, why?...

this 3 to 4 more weeks bull after the last time told, "3 to 4 weeks" has gotten old and tired.

This **** is preposterous, and is turning into a circus.

I've never heard anything to contrary. This was told by 3 different reps at 3 different times, and it was always consistently mid-June I was told, and I've had an order in since NAMM basically.

Metal Heads are an anxious lot huh? :) :) :)

It' will be so worth the wait. I can see the frustration if your are getting lied to by your reps......

I don't see the prob. If you've waited this long, what's a few more weeks? For all the "I'm gonna cancel my order!" people, by the time you canceled and got your money back, found another amp you wanted to buy and it arrived...your Mark V would have prob already been here. Just be patient. They made combos first instead of heads. Not that big of a deal. It's not like they decided heads weren't coming out until after NAMM 2010 or something... 8)

Brownhog72 said:
I got my head last week. I ordered it in Janurary...it is awesome.

???????

Hollywood store?

We're closer to Summer NAMM now. My rep told me the other day that they update their shipping info daily so he won't know if it will be here mid-June or tomorrow. They always make combos first. I rememebr they did that with Mark IV heads too. It was a long time before the heads were shipped. Oh, and that ElectraDyne is still sitting at the store.

Mark Fore said:
Brownhog72 said:
I got my head last week. I ordered it in Janurary...it is awesome.

???????

Hollywood store?

We're closer to Summer NAMM now. My rep told me the other day that they update their shipping info daily so he won't know if it will be here mid-June or tomorrow. They always make combos first. I rememebr they did that with Mark IV heads too. It was a long time before the heads were shipped. Oh, and that ElectraDyne is still sitting at the store.

That sounds alittle better.

But can someone please explain to me how that if they just shipped out afew demo,s, and some just for dealers and "major" artists, then how/why is it there,s a "regular" guy here that ordered one fairly recently and has it?...and at least one person who ordered back in jan. who has one as well?

I must not be fully understanding how this process is done...what dictates who gets an amp, and who does not?

As far as, "just be patient, what,s another few more weeks"...cats here have been patient, and are trying to be patient. We,ve already been told "in 3-4 weeks" two or three times now, and have understood, and waited.

Now, we,ll see if at the end of this latest "3 or 4 weeks", we,re told yet again, "they should be shipping in 3 or 4 weeks"...or if the majority of customers will actually have them.

This would almost be laughable if my dealer did,nt have a thousand of my non-refundable dollars, and Mesa did,nt have us by the balls. Wow...just wow. :?

Yes, just be patient. It's a new product, you understand Mesa makes amps in waves, so naturally they're not going to do nothing but make Mark V's for the first quarter of the year. People act like this is some sort of surprise for some reason. Demand is high, so you'll have to be patient. I've had an order in as long or longer than most on the board, but I'm not complaining every day.

I am still waiting. I'm happy to have the thing paid off. I decided not to ask my rep about my amp anymore. It'll be such a pleasant surprise when it arrives.

Just gotta stay cool, everybody. 8) Mesa has not, to my knowledge, ever really been known for being a very quick moving company. Just a company that builds excellent amplifiers.

This is why I'm waiting until at least the end of this year to even think about ordering one. Well that and I need to demo one extensively first. I want to be sure when I plunk down the cash to get a Mark V in hardwood/wicker... AND that I get it within a reasonable amount of time.

I'm not complaining everyday, search on my username and tell me I'm a liar. My dealer told me March. I thought cool, my daughter will be born in May and I'll have all of April to play the Mark V. Now it's almost JUNE, NO AMP, and i have a 3 week old which takes up most of my time. I'm wondering if i should even bother at this point.

fluff191 said:
Hey Brownhog! Love your YouTube channel! Will you be doing a review for the Mark V?

Oh yeah, I am in the process of moving to Japan right now. Once I get my stuff, I will do a review, but it won't be until July. I just shipped my Mark V to my new address over there. I should get it backin my posession in 2 weeks, but i won't have a cab. Thanks for watching my Gear Chat.

Mizike

Back