Well, I guess the MKV is indeed a reality...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JAZZGEAR said:
phillyred79 said:
3) My predictions/hopes.. 4 channels, individual channel EQs, master GEQ, built-in attentuator, Simul-Class, Progressive-Linking, Lone-Star voicing for cleans/blues, Stilleto voicing, Mark voicing.... Probably no Rectifier sounds since that is a total crossover to another line.. 1x12 OR maybe even a 2x12 combo, and head. Price: $2099 for head, $2250 for combo.

Then again WTF do I know.. It's fun to speculate!!!

I don't think putting the Lonestar cleans on a future Mark is a good idea. For one, it completely removes the Mark's identity to something different...like well a Lonestar -- which already exists. I happen to think the cleans on the Mark IV are great...and wouldn't change anything. Again, same rationale for the Stiletto voicing (though a better argument could be made for a Stiletto like tweek of the Mark IVs channel 2).

I would agree though with making a Road King like equivalent Mark V, where the cleans are pulled straight from the Mark lineage, some Stiletto type voicings in Channel 2, and Channels 3 & 4 be Mark IIC+, and Mark IV lead voicings (maybe even Mark III)...then throw in progressive linkage.

However, this sort of exists already in the Triaxis...

Oh, and if this thing is going to be configured similar to a RK, then you can forget that price point....expect something closer to $3K

if it has the progressive linkage then yeah 3k would be the ballpark similar to the RKII but i think if they were smart they'd can the progressive linkage so they can price it in and around the roadster. i think that will keep them both progressive and competitive. And while i agree it would impede on triaxis territory in terms of flexibility but in another breathe they both have their own markets. I think a Mark head with the flexibility of the triaxis would be a hell of alot more appealing then going with a rack setup, but thats just my perception of how people would look at it.

I agree on the Head version of a Triaxis.....I just don't think this is what Randall as up his sleeves with the purported new MK V.....just my gut feeling.

I don't understand why there is all this talk about the TriAxis being revved. If that was the case, they would have pulled the TriAxis from production along with the Mk I and IV.

If Randall Smith and Mesa are smart it will be nothing more than a MKIV tuned version of a Roadster with a tube rec simul-class power section and assignable GEQ.

Wouldn't that kick ***?!?!?!?!?!?! :twisted:

To add to my previous comment, it would be great, though highly unlikely, if they offered a Mark Road King as well as a simpler Mark V which would have a similar relationship to the current Road King and Roadster.

chemten said:
i just hope it will have a shorthead version so we can rackmount it with a kit. :)

Yep me too cause that's one thing I RrEALLY like on the Mark IV

stevehollx said:
I don't understand why there is all this talk about the TriAxis being revved. If that was the case, they would have pulled the TriAxis from production along with the Mk I and IV.

i wasnt talked about a revived version of the triaxis... i was merely comparing the options discussed to the triaxis' versatity. in a sense, with 3-4 channels each being able to switch voicings except with mark flavored settings, then the essence of the triaxis is there. its still not the motive, but it would give you some of the flexibility the triaxis affords you in terms of mark tone options. thats all i was saying.

Unfortunately going by the pic it will be more similar to the Express. No more simul-class but instead the 100/50/5 watt output tranny employing the 5 watt single ended design with tube/diode recto tracking.

Restless Rocks said:
Unfortunately going by the pic it will be more similar to the Express. No more simul-class but instead the 100/50/5 watt output tranny employing the 5 watt single ended design with tube/diode recto tracking.

i dont know how much a pic can tell you other than at some point the mark 5 was a working prototype but whether the amp in that picture is what they eventually deliver will only be known in time

Looks like Boogie has some things brewing lately...

The trademark page changed today, the old one can be pulled up from google cache to compare.
Mesa/Boogie Trademarks Updated June 2008

Additions are:
Chopper
Jack
Mark V
Mark 5
Mark Five
Mesa/Boogie Manhattan
Mesa/Boogie Hollywood
Stiletto Jack
Trans-Class
Tri-Port Porting
'Tude
Tude
Tweed
Tweed Power
Union Jack

Regards

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-equipment/60041-boogie-trademarks-mark-5-a.html

Yeah, did all the talking run dry already? i want to hear some more rumors and speculation? am i supposed to save my money for the Mark IV i want, or put it away for the posibility of something better?

Old news. Mark 6 (or VI) is on the way.

And it's got wings and optional sunroof...

DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO ON HOW ITS GOING TO BE VOICED?????
THEY HAVE TO OF SNEEKED A MKI CHANNEL IN THERE FOR CLASSIC SMOOTH BOOGIE!!!

pureoverdrive said:

how could anyone here provide an answer about the sound of an amp that doesnt exist yet or at least no one here could have possibly heard? and IMO they dont have to do anything they dont want to.... i think we need to trust in randall and give it time. if you wnat a mark i get a mark i

pureoverdrive said:

No. And of course, you're probably right. :roll:

Well. I'm not SURE that I should divulge this. But -

Someone close to the Petrucci camp told me:

"Well, IF he was using a Mark 5 prototype, he wouldn't have been using the Lonestar for cleans. JP (and his idiot tech) would have thought the cleans on the new Mark 5 were way better and opted to use Ch. 1 for his cleans. I said, IF."

Back