Well, I guess the MKV is indeed a reality...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
camsna said:
Well. I'm not SURE that I should divulge this. But -

Someone close to the Petrucci camp told me:

"Well, IF he was using a Mark 5 prototype, he wouldn't have been using the Lonestar for cleans. JP (and his idiot tech) would have thought the cleans on the new Mark 5 were way better and opted to use Ch. 1 for his cleans. I said, IF."

He already has the whole rig programmed with multiple heads! How would you imagine reprogramming everything (and I mean like every presets per song! Not to mention the programming of the CFX4's and other devices!) to suddenly utilize clean, rhythm and lead channels on one single head for every sound, in the middle of a tour? Do you imagine how much work that is? John and his rig builder usually sit together several months before a tour programming all of the presets with the current setup and organizing them into songs.

Swapping the Mark V proto with one of the Mark IV's on the other hand, is no big deal at all.. just putting a few patch cables into another head and continue using it in the same way the previous head was used in the rig.

Restless Rocks said:
Unfortunately going by the pic it will be more similar to the Express. No more simul-class but instead the 100/50/5 watt output tranny employing the 5 watt single ended design with tube/diode recto tracking.

Even if you could tell this from the now infamous Mark5 picture you wouldn't know if that amp is the ONLY prototype that there is. In fact I would tend to think the chances are that there is more than just one.

I can't wait for the Mark V to come out so I can buy a Mark IV. :D Mwahaha.

i hope they scrap the clean/mid gain/high gain thing all to common in amps and actually voice each channels preamp differently. picture a mki clean channel, very full and warm, a mki high gain channel for smooth sustaining leads and a mkiic+ channel for screaming lead and crunch, now thats what im talkin bout!
so whens it coming out??

Latest posts

Back