Well, I guess the MKV is indeed a reality...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
look at the petrucci forum:
http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55934

metalblitz84 said:
If what's in that post is true then I want to see pictures. Then I'll believe it.
Pretty much everybody has a phone, and pretty much every phone has a camera of some sort. If some guy who loves posting on amp forums saw a pic of a MK5 being worked on by Randall, he'd have taken a pic. If he was so excited that he came back and posting a really long story about it, OF COURSE he'd have taken a pic.

Im not doubting that a new amp is due soon, but people are just making up BS stories for a laugh :roll:

voodoo_child said:
metalblitz84 said:
If what's in that post is true then I want to see pictures. Then I'll believe it.
Pretty much everybody has a phone, and pretty much every phone has a camera of some sort. If some guy who loves posting on amp forums saw a pic of a MK5 being worked on by Randall, he'd have taken a pic. If he was so excited that he came back and posting a really long story about it, OF COURSE he'd have taken a pic.

Im not doubting that a new amp is due soon, but people are just making up BS stories for a laugh :roll:

+1

I love the tightness of the Mark IV but It's too **** smooth! I much prefer the raw/aggressive sounds of the Mark II/III and DC's. One of my "wishes" is for the new Mark 5 to have gain voicings. Like the Raw/Vintage/Modern to the Recto a similar concept applied to the 5. To keep the heritage of the "old" Marks for those who want it and a few new voicings that will bring new attention and give recto owners seconded thoughts.

An interesting idea... What if they added a switch by the power cord that has a + or a color on it. With the press of a button, instant modification LOL! :lol:

MrMarkIII said:
Mesa doesn't let dealers set their own prices, I severely doubt they would allow "clearance" pricing. Anybody ever seen any dealer Boogie for sale at anything less than retail?

That's not true. GC does clearances on Mesa. I bought a Mark IV head WITH a free 2x12 recto vertical cab for $1229. This was right after New Years about 3 years ago.

voodoo_child said:
metalblitz84 said:

You're wrong. I was the one who saw the pic first. It's hanging on a wall at Rudy's in NYC. They just opened a stupid big Mesa showroom and Mesa sent a whole bunch of framed photos for them to decorate the room. I saw it myself. Randall Smith soldering in a chassis that reads "Mark 5" on the back.

voodoo_child said:

Here ya go Spanky. Someone went in to Rudy's and took a pic with their phone. It's a little blurry but you can see it says "Mark 5". It's crystal clear in person.

IMG00068-1.jpg

Ya know, I hate to be the possible wet towel here. But I think I've seen that photo before and it's not all that new. Might be a few years old. I could be wrong, but I sure feel like I've seen it somewhere before now, as in maybe a year or two ago. :?

Core9 said:
Ya know, I hate to be the possible wet towel here. But I think I've seen that photo before and it's not all that new. Might be a few years old. I could be wrong, but I sure feel like I've seen it somewhere before now, as in maybe a year or two ago. :?
Possibly true as they may have had numerous prototypes under way over the years. Notice though that the dials appear to be the same as those found on the the Stiletto. That, with his apparent age appearing current, seems to hint that it is likely fairly recent.

The simple reality is that it's not a matter of if there will be a Mark V but rather when and what is it going to be. There has been more than enough circumstantial evidence as of late to indicate that it's just around the corner.

CudBucket said:
You're wrong. I was the one who saw the pic first. It's hanging on a wall at Rudy's in NYC. They just opened a stupid big Mesa showroom and Mesa sent a whole bunch of framed photos for them to decorate the room. I saw it myself. Randall Smith soldering in a chassis that reads "Mark 5" on the back.

Yes, obviously. There was no pics so I didn't believe it. Now there is pics, so I do. My assumptions were 100% logical.

"You can't believe everything you see and hear, now, can you?"
- Paul Caruso, on the very dodgy subject of are there or are there not UFOs.

nomad100hd said:
the noise on the image looks like a photoshop filter.

Dude, I was standing right in front of the friggin' picture. I saw it myself.

nomad100hd said:
the noise on the image looks like a photoshop filter.
It's an enlarged image from a cell phone camera. I'm surpirsed it's as clear as it is.

Couple things here...

1) Discontinuing both the Mark I RI, and the Mark IV must mean another Mark amp is coming out, whether it is another Mark series reissue or a totally new V. There is plenty of demand for the Mark series sound and the used market prices for any of the Marks will prove that demand.

2) New isn't always better, but I sure as hell will be inline waiting to try or buy a new Mark 5 as I'm sure many of us die-hard Boogie fans will be too. Randall Smith won't release a new Mark unless it is absolutely stunning in every way; sound, functionality, looks etc... The Mark series built this company so a new V won't disappoint the masses although we all have our individual hopes and niche requests for the V.

3) My predictions/hopes.. 4 channels, individual channel EQs, master GEQ, built-in attentuator, Simul-Class, Progressive-Linking, Lone-Star voicing for cleans/blues, Stilleto voicing, Mark voicing.... Probably no Rectifier sounds since that is a total crossover to another line.. 1x12 OR maybe even a 2x12 combo, and head. Price: $2099 for head, $2250 for combo.

Then again WTF do I know.. It's fun to speculate!!!

phillyred79 said:
3) My predictions/hopes.. 4 channels, individual channel EQs, master GEQ, built-in attentuator, Simul-Class, Progressive-Linking, Lone-Star voicing for cleans/blues, Stilleto voicing, Mark voicing.... Probably no Rectifier sounds since that is a total crossover to another line.. 1x12 OR maybe even a 2x12 combo, and head. Price: $2099 for head, $2250 for combo.

Then again WTF do I know.. It's fun to speculate!!!

I don't think putting the Lonestar cleans on a future Mark is a good idea. For one, it completely removes the Mark's identity to something different...like well a Lonestar -- which already exists. I happen to think the cleans on the Mark IV are great...and wouldn't change anything. Again, same rationale for the Stiletto voicing (though a better argument could be made for a Stiletto like tweek of the Mark IVs channel 2).

I would agree though with making a Road King like equivalent Mark V, where the cleans are pulled straight from the Mark lineage, some Stiletto type voicings in Channel 2, and Channels 3 & 4 be Mark IIC+, and Mark IV lead voicings (maybe even Mark III)...then throw in progressive linkage.

However, this sort of exists already in the Triaxis...

Oh, and if this thing is going to be configured similar to a RK, then you can forget that price point....expect something closer to $3K

Back