VoodooMan Switches

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are welcome :)

Here's his first attempt. Feedback is a bit strained towards the end. LOL He doesn't list with it anymore:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mini-RECTIFIER-Footswitch-By-VoodooMan_W0QQitemZ270277270973QQihZ017QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't understand what his attenuators do for your sound. It's just cutting your signal before it reaches the power amp. It's just a passive volume knob! :? Sure the dynamics might be a little different since you have to crank the master/power-amp, but I seriously doubt it's the same thing as the classic power amp break up/saturation...

VoodooManSwitches said:
Greetings All,

This is the VoodooMan. I am posting here to let everyone know that I am back in full swing and apologize profusely again, for the lack of communication and late shipments.

I am glad to report that my son is doing just grand now! The doctors removed a growth that was the size of a golfball near his gall bladder about three weeks ago or so and thank God it turned out benign! Week before last he had a relapse and had to have another minor procedure to relieve some fluids that had built up. His color is back and he is eating like a horse! It's hard to keep him still and relaxing during recovery but this is a good sign.

I have been through many things in my 46 years that would have driven allot of people over the edge but this has been the absolute most terrifying thing I have ever experienced. I was out of my mind with anxiety and just couldn't think straight at all. For those of you who have children I know you can imagine what it must have been like and for those who don't there's just no easy way to describe it. He is my only child and if it had turned out in a bad way, someone would have had to weave a basket for me to live in!

Anyway, I am about two weeks behind on shipping. Some of the units have not been built yet and I am working feverishly to get everything put together and shipped. I am a one person operation so things are a bit confused right at this moment. I will try to get the orders out by the date they came in but it might not go that way, close though.

I know some of you are not pleased with me right now but I must tell you that I will choose my son and family over anything else in my life even if it means ruining my reputation, business or financially. I am not out to take advantage of anyone nor speculate in illegal activities so if you can be patient a little longer we all can come out with something positive here.

Sincerely

James "VoodooMan" Britt

Why not just be honest with people and tell them that shipping is going to take several months? Let people decide if they want to wait that long.
Not communicating with buyers makes you look like a SCAM ARTIST.

GIG4FUN said:
yeah, and stop taking orders for them (peoples money). Through all his troubles he still kept listing auctions and kept them "in stock" on his website. He just never put himself throught the bother of getting them sent out.

The "In Stock" thing is what takes it from "he's a little slow to ship" to verging on the fraudulent. As dregs said above, if he'd just be honest up front and say, "Send me your money now, but it might be a while till you get your switch", that would be honest, and then it's up to customers whether they're okay with that. I made the same point to him via e-mail.
Thing is, though, and I'm sure he knows this, lots of people who have placed the orders might not have placed them had they known it would take weeks to months to get the product. I personally would have been okay with it, but probably just as many people would just skip it.

I got my switch today (to my big surprise, I had lost all hope of getting it).

It workes fine, just wish he could stop lying and just answer mails and be honest. I hope I didn't get it because of my comments here atleast.

To be frankly honest, I doubt he shipped it when he gave me the trackingnumber, 5th Aug. I got it today, thats a big wait, I've ordered houndreds of times from USA and I have never waited this long time to get anything.

zenabI said:

It workes fine, just wish he could stop lying and just answer mails and be honest. I hope I didn't get it because of my comments here atleast.

To be frankly honest, I doubt he shipped it when he gave me the trackingnumber, 5th Aug. I got it today, thats a big wait, I've ordered houndreds of times from USA and I have never waited this long time to get anything.

Amazing! I just got mine as well. It works and looks solid.
As for shipping when he said he did.....the newspaper he wrapped it in says he did not.

Oh well. James if you are reading this. Nice product, but your customer service needs some work.

dregsdesign said:
zenabI said:

the newspaper he wrapped it in says he did not.

Haha I didn't even think that far. Gsus I'm stupid :lol: :lol:

Man am I glad I didnt order one of his pedals. They look nice and all but............................. aint no way in hell I'd put up with this crap.

So you guys think I need to start making these.

My good friend has a fooswitchable passive true bypass volume control that uses a power supply (the one you power all your other pedals with) to power the light in it. He ran acoss a special LED that is so Bright it will light up the entire room.

I'll see if I can dig up a picture. It's crazy. I told him he needed to start making these and selling them.

If you install it on your board in front of a pedal that has a Buffer Circuit (such as a Boss Tuner) in it, the pedal then is totally transparent. It works really freakin well.

The Green Hornet

Passive True Bypass Footswitchable Volume Pedal with the Crazy Extra Bright Led powered by a power supply or a 9V Battery.

GreenHornet.jpg

You can't tell from the Pic but the Body of the Pedal is Painted a Neon Green and of Coarse the Super Bright LED is Green.

Nomad said:
The Green Hornet

Passive True Bypass Footswitchable Volume Pedal with the Crazy Extra Bright Led powered by a power supply or a 9V Battery.

You can't tell from the Pic but the Body of the Pedal is Painted a Neon Green and of Coarse the Super Bright LED is Green.

cool! perhaps you should start a new thread in the effects section?

So, are these starting to show up? He has exactly what I need at a good price but I don't want to deal with this stuff.

I've actually been making some FS's too. Made one for EleventhHour2139 (pic below). I'm also in the process of designing a built-to-order midi controlled amp switcher and loop switcher all in one deal (see my signature). They can have a custom number of loops/line, they'll be handmade and cheaper than what's on the market... it's coming along well...

Anyways, yea Nomad, maybe we could help each other out w/ this stuff. Provide a reliable source for simple but sturdy FS's. I'll be going mostly towards the microcontroller/midi stuff pretty soon so I wouldn't be doing much of the normal FS's at that point...

pic010.jpg

jgh said:
Been 1 month now.

I feel for you. I wish I could say with certainty that you ought to be getting yours any day now, but it's not that predictable. Depending on when he gets his act together, he tends to ship a bunch at one time. My schedule again, and keep in mind, my switch was "In Stock":

7/25 - Ordered "In Stock" switch from site and paid in full.
8/5 - Got a "Shipping info received" notice.
Sometime around the middle of the month - started e-mailing him with no response.
8/27 - Filed a dispute with PayPal
8/28 - Got message about terrible car accident and injuries.
8/29 - Got message that switch "shipped out today".
9/3 - USPS says package actually left their facility.
9/5 - Actual delivery

I'll take a chance that he doesn't want to mess up the feedback on his new account. I "won" an auction for one of his switches tonight. According to his ebay ad, it should ship tomorrow. We'll see.....

If it doesn't show up, I know what to do.

DavidE, you could very well get lucky. I was one of the lucky ones too. I bought a pedal from him about 6 months ago. I received it within a week and it works great.

If you don't get it within a week, file a report with Paypal, that should light a fire under his ***. (I guess).

I didn't have to do that. Like I said, mine came very quickly and I'm very satisfied.

jerseydrew said:
DavidE, you could very well get lucky. I was one of the lucky ones too. I bought a pedal from him about 6 months ago. I received it within a week and it works great.

If you don't get it within a week, file a report with Paypal, that should light a fire under his ***. (I guess).

I didn't have to do that. Like I said, mine came very quickly and I'm very satisfied.

Hey Drew!!!

I'm hopeful that he will want to keep his "new" feedback at 100% positive and will do a good job after losing the good reputation he once built.

DavidE said:
jerseydrew said:

Hey Drew!!!

I'm hopeful that he will want to keep his "new" feedback at 100% positive and will do a good job after losing the good reputation he once built.

It'll either be that, or in about six weeks, you'll be posting that it _finally_ showed up.

I just received my footswitch. It arrived pretty quickly (much faster than other builders) and the build quality appears to be high. I would prefer a jack with metal threads over plastic. My only complaint is a lack of communication with Mr. Britt.

I did buy another and will look at more from this guy.

Latest posts

Back