Removing Mark III Ground Switch?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanScott80

Reaction score
Is there any reason why the ground switch needs to be in this amp? At best, they're unnecessary in an amp with a 3 prong power cord. At worst, they can be a safety hazard. I don't play out with this amp and all of my home outlets test as wired correctly. There would be no reason to have it in any position other than the middle. I had originally planned on replacing that capacitor with a modern safety capacitor, but I'm wondering if I can just remove it altogether.

I would like to do the R2 volume mod on my Mark III and I'm thinking I could use the spot occupied by this switch to mount the pot. I know there are other ways to do it, including the use of a dual concentric pot. But I like the idea of putting it in this spot. Any reason not to do it? Thanks.

I don't see why not , my Mark IV has one but they removed it from the later "B" versions

Thats where I put my R2 Vol Pot In Australia the cap is removed anyway
Did you have any noise issues putting it in that spot? My only concern is that it might be a little close to the transformers. Having power and signal wires in the same area can sometimes be an issue.

Back