Voodoo Lab Pedal Power II + (is it the best?)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIG4FUN

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I want to put a better PS in my PedalPad as the one it came with is not an isolated PS.
Old posts talk highly of the Voodoo Lab PS. Is it still the top dog?

I would like opinions about what one is the best. The only other one I have heard of is the Dunlop Power Brick I think it's called. I was a rack user so this Pedal board stuff is new to me.

righttop-1.jpg

I want to put a better PS in my PedalPad as the one it came with is not an isolated PS.

The VL PP2+ is great- reasonably priced, capable of powering EH, TC Novas, Boss Dual Pedals (like the Gigadelay), as well as all of the usual suspects (9VDC).
Each output is isolated, it lets you use 2 outputs to power 18VDC pedals (MXR EQ, Flange and Chorus, some of the 18 VDC Fulltone, etc...).
You were saying your Clyde makes some noise? My clyde did too, until I got the PP2+.
The DC brick is great as well, as long as you dont need to power anything other than 9 or 18VDC.
The TRex Fuel Tank Classic is nice too- but the outputs arent isolated and it costs more.
So, looking at your board- the PP2+ has you covered, plus gives a courtesy AC plug like the MKS Power pad.
I don't think any are "better", but some are more flexible...

Laskyman

I need a unit with 6 isolated 9VDC outputs & over 100mA per output.
It doesn't exist :cry:

GIG4FUN said:

I would like opinions about what one is the best. The only other one I have heard of is the Dunlop Power Brick I think it's called. I was a rack user so this Pedal board stuff is new to me.

righttop-1.jpg

PP2 Plus is the bomb. I have two on my board. The DC Brick is fine but you still have a wall wart to contend with plus it doesn't quite have the filtering capabilities as the PP2 has. It seems to be the industry standard as well.

GIG4FUN said:

righttop-1.jpg

BTW, if you do decide to get the PP2 Plus, you are going to need to run that Boss DD-20 off of jack 5 or 6 since that particular pedal draws more than 100 mA.

PP2+ is a great unit. It won't run for example an Eventide Timefactor (120ma) directly. But, all you have to do is plug the Eventide into the courtesy outlet on the PP2+ and then it's fine - you just can't run it off the barrel connector. Voodoo said they are coming out with a product end of year that will power the higher end units like Eventide. I'd call them and get a status on that if you think that would be an issue. You could always wait it out if it's coming soon.

sorry, I think the Eventide is something like 1200ma, not 120. It's a lot whatever it is. I didn't have any trouble running the Gigadelay or Line 6 DL4 off the PP2+ with the barrel connectors.

If you order a PP2+, figure out if you're going to need some extra long barrell connectors, or ones with right angles. They will send them to you for cheap, but it was a pain to figure that out once I received the unit and had to call back.

I think this is where it's at. It's the same thing as Pedal Power II but without the Sag function. And alot cheaper.

SUPA-CHARGER.jpg

Adambomb said:
I think this is where it's at. It's the same thing as Pedal Power II but without the Sag function. And alot cheaper.

SUPA-CHARGER.jpg
+1 on the Supa-Charger - I've had excellent luck with mine also.

Artec makes a good power unit too.

http://www.artecsound.com/effect/spb-8.htm

You can pick these up all day at around $50

I use the stock power supply from my pedal pad, and it sounds just fine to me....no noise, and everything gets powered just fine.

I see no need for spending more money for the pedal power.

Back