Opinions on Recto-o-Verb series 1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amptech

Reaction score
How do you guys feel about the rov 50 series one? I'm only assuming it's a series one bc the serial number is 40. Looks like a nice amp head, and I got it cheap. I don't play metal, or thrash, etc. I'm a simple blues classic rock player. Could it be a keeper? Or just a test amp for the bench? Thanks Bill

Love 'em! (I'm a big 50w fan )
I have a few of the Series 1. The ROVs have a dark and compressed tone reminding me a bit of my old DC-5. Cleans sound great to me, though not as bright and as much 'spank' as my Singles.

A clean boost in the front ( as always for me) on Vintage does some great smooth leads. Modern mode opens it up and gets a bit more classic and raw but can still be tamed real nice.

And of course, try the head through different cabs/speakers. I'm still always amazed how much that changes tones from amp to amp!

Have fun with the tones!

I liked the one I had but it moved on when I got its big brother Tremo.

It's really, really good at a wide variety of clean to mid-gain tones, especially once you realize those knobs can go ANYWHERE, not just between 10 and 2

Also +1 on what Nep said, you won't need to go down an OD rabbit hole but a clean boost with treble and bass knobs (I like the Xotic RC) is great with these.
:)

Last edited:
I liked the one I had but it moved on when I got its big brother Tremo.

It's really, really good at a wide variety of clean to mid-gain tones, especially once you realize those knobs can go ANYWHERE, not just between 10 and 2

Also +1 on what Nep said, you won't need to go down an OD rabbit hole but a clean boost with treble and bass knobs (I like the Xotic RC) is great with these.
:)
Well, thanks gents, I bought as a package, my buddy got the cab, I took the head ( only cost me $300 ), so I figured I'd give it a try. I have a jam coming up, and I just got a vertical 2x12, I think I'm going to have to wind this thing up. I can almost feel my attenuator calling 😁

Well, thanks gents, I bought as a package, my buddy got the cab, I took the head ( only cost me $300 ), so I figured I'd give it a try. I have a jam coming up, and I just got a vertical 2x12, I think I'm going to have to wind this thing up. I can almost feel my attenuator calling 😁

Wow, what a fantastic price!!
Absolutely turn that amp up and hear it rumble! Unreal how massive even 50w can sound through the right cab ( LOUD ). Have fun at your jam!

Latest posts

Back