Vintage or Modern High Gain

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking at all this dual and 3 channel talk and thinking of ways to incorporate it into my new Rectoverb series 2 head I just got. I'm getting some awesome rhythm tones out of it. No scooped mids here. My thing is, is anybody getting any really liquidy lead tones out of theirs?

I'd like toknow your setup or how many of you guys are using a boost infront of your settings? I've tried my ts9dx and it really puts the amp up in your face :twisted:

oh, about boosting the front end of the amp, I would like to ad a question or two if you don't mind?

When you boost the front end, isn't just louder or does it change the sound in any way? I can't see the point in boosting if it only makes the amp louder but sounding the same? I am bit confused about it.

And sorry for that little interuption :wink:

That actually sounds like something I ought to try :D
And if it doesn't work for me, then I'll have two kinds of distortion. Yay 8)

I'm really having fun finding all kinds of tones on my rectoverb II head. I've found that I can get Santana lead tones on teh clean channel if I push the ts9dx infront of it. Though boosting the RAW channel I just found a nice use for that same smooth lead tone.

Are there any other good settings for a really liquidy lead tone? smooth but fat? not as buzzy and thin as the modern setting? I've got the ts9dx and a Barber tone press at my disposal.

Also perhaps you guys can help me with this. I realize that the triple and dual have a little more aggressive voicing. But http://www.pillarmusic.com If you could give a listen to some of these guys songs on their website. I love the guitarists voicing and he uses either a dual or triple recto. But I'd like to see if I can get somewhat close with my rectoverb.

is this a stock TS9dx?

Why yes it is. I was almost ready to get rid of it with my other amp plus I have number 5 of the El Dorado pedals, but I started liking the drive light overdrive on this pedal better then the ashdowns and now it only sits on a clean boost and this pedal became a definite main stay on my board.

Any tricks i can do with it or the compressor? I realize i could use my tone press for a clean overdrive as well but I like it better in adding sustain and for solos and thickening up single coils in coil tap mode.

as a guitar center employee, we all know that amps only show their true colors cranked. however, about one in 10 customers who wants to crank a t-rec is actually considering dropping 1700 on a new amp. the other 9 nine just drive us nuts all day! i wear ear plugs on saturdays just so i can hear my self think. put your self in our shoes. we work hard and want your business and to take care of each and everyone of our customers. the next time you go into a GC and want to try some amps really really loud, talk to one of the guys, im sure they have an ISO booth that they can set you up in (at least my store does) where you can go nuts.
have fun!

Latest posts

Back