V Twin Lineage Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdortona

Reaction score
Hi!

A friend from a local music store was telling me that someone told him recently that Mesa made two different pedal versions of the V-Twin, with one of them being quite "valuable". Any truth to this and if so, what was the magical difference that made it so valuable??

I know that the rack mount version is highly sought after versus the pedal version.

Thanks for the help and education!

Matt

There are 2 different versions of the V Twin, something to do with the channel switching I think.

The later versions of the pedal had a trim pot accessible from the underside which would let you set (as I recall) the relative volume of the blues to lead sound. The earlier version of the pedal didn't, and the volume jump was a bit much for some folks.

The rack version had at least two versions. Both, I believe, allowed you to blend channels, but the more advanced version would let you select the voicing for each channel on the fly (three options for each channel) if you had a MIDI-to-short-switch controller, like the Abacus or a MIDI Octopus. I don't believe there was any sonic difference, just more control features.

I have that version of the rack unit, and if you look at the PC board inside, there's space marked out for a reverb tank, but I've never heard of one of those going to market.

learn something new all the time, my V-twin which I think is 1990 or earlier has metal band with drawings solo to blues and clean gain adjust. never turned the pedal upside down, so I was suprised when I saw this the metal bar is held on with a couple of screws, there are some holes that might be for the adjustment or the band may cover the holes,will check the online manual.

Latest posts

Back