Triaxis conversion 110v to 220V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

symphx

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Seb, I was leaving in USA for a small period, and I am back to my country now France . I bought in USA a triaxis and I was speaking with a friend to transform my triaxis V2 fatmod, to 220V , We have opened the beast and seen that there is a toroidal tranformer inside with new the 110v plug a 220 and 240v volt plug on the card .
Could you please tell me If I can change the triaxis voltage with this toroidal transformer and if yes where can I find the schematic wiring for make it possible ?
I have read many interresting things about the triaxis to your site that's why I come to you .
PLease help me because I love my Triaxis and I will lost money if I will have to sell it and buy a new one here in france .
I actually play with a poor tranformer that we can used for travelling, but it doesn't sound well !
Thanks a lot .

Seb

http://www.myspace.com/phenixmetal

I ring few time without succes, so I did write an email to [email protected] .... do you know this person ?.?? I hope all will be ok and he will have the answer to my problem !
I reaaly need my boogie ! I love it !
Thanks anyway .

Seb

Hi symphx

THe link i sent you for outside down transformer is 29.95 euro.
It is not 199 euro!!!

Steph

Hi Steph,

I used actually, this transfomer and I lost a lot of power, that's why I want( to used the original transformer or, rewired the toroidal transformer to 220V if it is possible of course .
I can see the difference between time when I play in USA and now in france .... :-(
I want play with normal configuration ...
here down what answer me Kris Dilbek of Boogie staff ....
Can U understand for me I am desapointed that One year and half after buying a triaxis I have to buy a nw transformer for 200 euros .... ;-)

original transformer :

http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_46&products_id=868

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings Seb,

Seeing that you have distribution in your location they can provide you with the transformer you need. I have enclosed the part # below and the contact information needed:

Triaxis Transformer (561016)

ALGAM / laboitenoiredumusicien.com 2 rue de Milan . Parc d'Activités des Petites Landes 44470 THOUARE FRANCE Contact Tel +33 (0) 2 4018 3700
Fax +33 (0) 2 4018 3729
Email [email protected]

Thanks

Kris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 10:59 AM
To: Sebastien Treve
Cc: Kris Dilbeck
Subject: RE: triaxis

Seb.

Thank you for contacting us and for using Mesa products. I am going to have Kris Dilbeck in our customer service respond to you. The short story is you must purchase an export transformer from your Mesa distributor in France (Camac Music) and pay for them to service the Triaxis. Unfortunately there is not an inexpensive way around this. We are unable to send you export parts directly.

I have cc’d Kris here. He will respond to you shortly.

Tim McKee | Artist Relations | Mesa/Boogie, Ltd.

1317 Ross Street | Petaluma, CA 94954 USA

707-789-3326

[email protected] | http://www.mesaboogie.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 8:29 AM
To: Tim Mckee
Subject: triaxis
Importance: High

Dear Tim,

I did try to ring few times without succes .

I explain my problem; I was leaving in USA few month ago and I did buy a triaxis, I am now back to France and I have to buy a traveling transformer for used my triaxis, I've lost a lot of his power !

So I tried through the mesa boogie forum to understand how I can used this beautifull triaxis with a real 220V transformer and one guy called "Steph" did send me your email .

I would not like to buy a new triaxis 220V, it will cost me too much money to add , and you will understand my situation .

So Please give me the way to transform my triaxis on 220V .

I give you the link to my previous messages on the forum to understand my situation .

Please answer me fast .

Kind regards

Sebastien Treve

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40319&p=290424#p290424

Hi Sebastien,

I do not understand why you are loosing power.
I expect the power is not good at all.
Probably you do not have 120V at the output, (probably, it miss power.) But 100VA is enough because it need 30Watts
If you have a multimeter, check the 120V at the output of dowconverter or at the input of you power supply.

Steph

Steph, I did already, I don't know how explain really, it is not less power, first I have little " bzzzz" due to the low quality transformer, and then just I feel the sound isn't the same as before .. ;-)
But I will buy the transformer and change this one .
Thanks a lot anyway to help me to my 220V quest ... but in vain ... lolll
Best regards .

Seb

Why just don't you buy a step-down-tranformer and leace the Triaxis as it is?

I actually used that kind of transformer

http://disneylandvacationing.com/category/travel-smart/

but it give me a lot of external sounds like "buzzzz" and I don't have "my" sound .
I will change this transformer and I am very sad the answer give me MesaBoogie, If my name wold be Petrucci It would nt be a problem but for an Unknow people it is not important . I spend already 2900 euros for this triaxis, I can now spend 200 euros more for change the transformer .
I have something to say, When I was leaving in USA I bought a Corvette and I did bring my car back to France . It is easier to make european an american car than make european a preamplifier !!!!!
Joke !
Just I can say I love mesa sound, If not I will change with a big pleasure !!! .

That's a pitty the external transformer didn't work for you. I've read several times here in Germany about people using US-equipment with that kind of transformer and don't remember hearing of any problems. 2900 Euros sounds pretty expensive for an Triaxis... especially when it's from the US.

Ok ok No matter ....
I did order this tubeamp Dr transformer .
I'll see then .
Thanks anyway .

guitarmaster said:
IAt 50Hz you will lose a few watts of power and 60Hz makes your power transformer run at right frequency, it's true , but I don't think there's a so huge difference.
I don't see that. Power is a function of voltage but not of frequency. On the others side I don't know what parts of the Triaxis rely on that 60 Hz-frequency.
I really wonder why these step down transformers worked for so many others.

Latest posts

Back