Triaxis 110 to 240V conversion

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7 Dying Trees

Reaction score
Hi, so I used to have a triaxis, and stupidly sold it, but last month bought another one (v2, non phat mod) and whilst I have a step down transformer for use with the new one, I'd like it to run on 240V.

So, I have managed to acquire the 240V mesa transformer and the varistor required, so that's all good.

I've alo built amps, and am handy with a soldering iron, so that's all good.

However, I've run into an issue. The 3 wires I need to solder to the board on the unit are:
white,black,grey

And the corresponding wires on the replacement transformer are:
black,grey,brown

Basically, I can hazard a guess that but I do not want to chance it.

So, what I am asking is:

Does anyone have a good quality picture of a euro spec triaxis (240V) and specifically of the torroidal power transformer, and of the 3 wires, colouring, and where they are soldered to the board? Just as if I get 1 (preferably 2) units that are 240v and get pictures, i can confirm what I am thinking.

Mesa have referred me to techs, but one no longer does traixis (and can't remember and has lost his schematic, which is a shame, as he converted my last one), and the other is far away

I'm currently on the Triaxis learning curve and already went looking for schematics. I've found them for everything but the power supply.

Have you pulled the 110 transformer?

If so, you should be able to deduce what's going on by comparing DC resistances for pairs of wires till you've got the thing mapped out.

I don't know whether they'll have doubled the primary turns or halved the secondary, but you're in with a shot if the various secondaries are the same color.

I'd also measure the secondary voltages with the existing 110 transformer and the stepdown and then (VERY carefully because of tube voltages) measure the new secondary voltages before you connect the secondaries to the unit.

I have the export schematic, if you want a copy... I has wiring for both on it

bettsaj said:
I have the export schematic, if you want a copy... I has wiring for both on it
That would be awesome for future reference. I got a tech friend to check for me and it's now converted, but always useful to have schematics lying around just in case!

That would be awesome for future reference. I got a tech friend to check for me and it's now converted, but always useful to have schematics lying around just in case!
Hi guys,

Did you ever figure this out at all? I'm thinking of doing the same and the replacement transformer from Tube Amp Doctor has the same colour wires brown grey and black.

Many thanks

Paul

Back