Tremoverb head vs. Racktifier?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4nkam

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm curious to see if anyone has had the chance to compare the Tremoverb ("older," say 94) head with the rackmount Recto.

I think most agree/believe that the older 2 channels, tverbs, rackmounts sound better but I was wondering if anyone had specifically compared these two. I have a Tremoverb head that I love, but I'm building up my rack and it had me thinking about what a rackmount recto would sound like.

MJ

No two head units will sound exactly the same, so it would be a pretty broad generalization to compare all Trem's versus all rackmounts. I currently have a '94 Dual Recto that sounds amazing, and I really enjoyed my rackmount version I had a while back too.

I've had a t-verb for years, and should be receiving a racktifier on Friday.
I'll let you know how they compare.

For now I can tell you that I've witnessed guys using the rackmount rec's live on many occassions. In my opinion they had the best recto tone I've ever heard. Compared to the t-verb, "which I love" the racktifier modern channel sounded more saturated, single notes pack more wallop. Also, the rackmount version sounds tighter more balanced and in your face.

Yeah,
I occasionally post on HC.
But I haven't given any impressions on the racktifier.
As far as the t-verb I reccomend JJ E34l's. They'll tighten up the bass.
The other issue I have with the t-verb is single notes seem to lack bite and die prematurally. Turning up the gain adds sustain but muddy's it up and takes away your picking dynamics. The fix is to turn the gain down to 12:30-1:00 and hit the front end with a clean boost. I'm using a TC booster pedal and haven't found anything that does this better. Although, The maxon od 808 comes close. If you go this route you'll most likely also need a noise gate, and the ISP decimator does it better than any.

Good Luck

Latest posts

Back