The Mark IV "Metallica mod"?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Octavarius

Reaction score
I recently read something about a mod on the Mark IV that Bendinelli did for Hetfield. He supposedly did this for John Petrucci as well.

Does anyone here know anything about what kind of mod this is?
Boogiebabies perhaps? :D

I also read that someone on this board owns a Mark IV with the "Metallica mod". If that person could pop in and give some insight about the mod, it would be very nice. :wink:

Don't really know.
But if he modded Petrucci's, it would probably be a B. So maybe it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the version... I dunno... :?

What does the mod on the amp?(IIC+/IV)

Never heard of it.

I know the amps were wired as preamp for metallica, but never heard about a mod that affects the sound...

Boogiebabies said:
What are you trying to accomplish with the mod?

No, I'm not trying to accomplish anything.
I just heard of this "Metallica mod" and I was just wondering what it actually was, if anyone here knew.

Checkout this thread and read the posts by Boogie4Life: http://www.grailtone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=28771&sid=ee7c884969c5b959034521a50d23be4b

The Mark IV is in no need for any type of mod. It's an awesome amp as is and I can get Metallica tone pretty easy, even w/o EMG pups. :lol:

This is from an episode of the X-Files. It the case of the Metallica mod.
Mulder and Scully end up in the Amish country of PA and the inbred old lady yell's, " Don't you mess with my Metallica modded MK IV". Then she slides back under the bed.

The QUESTION, what are you trying to accomplish is based on what do you expect to hear from the mods. There are many modifications, but the generality of the Metallica mod is too non-descript. Also, there are some Mike B. mods are not publicly available.

Boogiebabies said:
This is from an episode of the X-Files. It the case of the Metallica mod.
Mulder and Scully end up in the Amish country of PA and the inbred old lady yell's, " Don't you mess with my Metallica modded MK IV". Then she slides back under the bed.

The QUESTION, what are you trying to accomplish is based on what do you expect to hear from the mods. There are many modifications, but the generality of the Metallica mod is too non-descript. Also, there are some Mike B. mods are not publicly available.

:lol:

Oh, yeah... I kinda understood it in a different way.
Well, it's definitely the mod that Boogie4Life was talking about in the thread link above.
Don't really know much more... other than it's often referred to as the Metallica mod... :? It's definately a mod that changes the sound of the amp, though.

Oh, now I see. You guys want the fire your bass player and drunken bear hunt mods.

You should have just asked....

One thing, why would a Master Volume amp not allow you to get a gain of 10 at low volume?

:shock: :shock: Ahhh yes they're obviously talking about the elusive Owlsley Liquid in a sugar cube Mod??? I was playing at a Frat party once back in 1979 and ah modded my blackface tremolux with the stuff. Without even plugging the cord in the guitar the entire full length version of Yellow Submarine and Inagaddadavida came swirling out of my Jenson 12's. The trick is to put a drop on each 6L6 BEFORE they heat up. Stuff evaporates too quickly.

Platypus said:
Does the mod cause your two channels to argue and talk about feelings?

:D

platy ! and here i thought i was the only one on this board with a sense of humor. you kill me bro. i was gonna get back into the Marks, but i too thought that it would make me "Some Kind of a Whiner"

BENNY said:
Platypus said:
Does the mod cause your two channels to argue and talk about feelings?

:D

platy ! and here i thought i was the only one on this board with a sense of humor. you kill me bro. i was gonna get back into the Marks, but i too thought that it would make me "Some Kind of a Whiner"

:lol:

Latest posts

Back