Subway Blues Hum Mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrlswtt

Reaction score
I've had a mint condition Subway Blues (potted board) w/ the shoulder gig bag in my closet since I bought it new in 94. As we all know the hum can be annoying, which is why I put it in hibernation. I was happy to find out here that there is a fix, swapping the .01 cap for a .68 cap. I have a .68 on the way but was curious as to the success ratio once the Mod is done. I know I could get a board swap for $100 dollars plus shipping. That seems a little unfair for a known problem. Its like having the Toyota owners pay to have their acceleration problem fixed (MHO). Anyway, the results for the Mod seem to be mixed from what I've read. Even if it just lessens the hum, that would be a big improvement. Any feedback response would be appreciated.

Thanks

Well I guess I'll answer my own question. The cap arrived, and after the swap, the mod took the hum level way down to the point that I now have a usable amp (after 16 years). I did call Mesa while waiting for the part and was told by Marcus (a tech there) that they had no record of the cap swap mod. The only mod he was aware of was the effects loop bypass. All in all, I'm glad I found the info here on the Boogie Board and thanks to whomever posted it originally. The whole mod cost me .93 cents plus shipping.

Latest posts

Back