Some roadster/roadking questions!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal

Reaction score
Hi all

Looking to buy a roadster/roadking soon when I will be in LA and bring it back to Australia with me (will be moving to Canada in the near future, so better to get a 110V head anyway)

I have been to the Mesa outlet on sunset strip before ...where else can you buy boogies in Cali? I think I remember some in the guitar centres?

Just wondering how long does it take to order a custom boogie?

Are the effects loops in the roadking series or parrellel?

Would I be better taking it back on the plane or shipping it back to Aus?

thanks!

Pretty much every Guitar Center in So.Cal.

Have you checked out the Hollywood Guitar Center in Sunset Ave.?

I suggest you get an ATA case for the head/combo if you are going to check it in as baggage and take it on a plane. I plan on doing the same with my Mesa Boogie head, but im taking it somewhere else... Nicaragua.

animal said:
Hi all

Looking to buy a roadster/roadking soon when I will be in LA and bring it back to Australia with me (will be moving to Canada in the near future, so better to get a 110V head anyway)

I have been to the Mesa outlet on sunset strip before ...where else can you buy boogies in Cali? I think I remember some in the guitar centres?

Just wondering how long does it take to order a custom boogie?

Are the effects loops in the roadking series or parrellel?

Would I be better taking it back on the plane or shipping it back to Aus?

thanks!

Why would you want to move to Canada? Do you like paying taxes? Do you like freezing temps? Take it from me, stay where you are!!

Six to eight weeks on an order. I would take it with you back to OZ. That way you would escape some taxes and duties,

barneyc4 said:
Pretty much every Guitar Center in So.Cal.

Have you checked out the Hollywood Guitar Center in Sunset Ave.?

I suggest you get an ATA case for the head/combo if you are going to check it in as baggage and take it on a plane. I plan on doing the same with my Mesa Boogie head, but im taking it somewhere else... Nicaragua.

Yes I have been before! I couldn't remember if they had boogie or not...its been awhile since I was last there! I definitely will get a flight case......how to get it past customs could be a problem.....warrenty repair maybe?

dennq45 said:
Why would you want to move to Canada? Do you like paying taxes? Do you like freezing temps? Take it from me, stay where you are!!

Six to eight weeks on an order. I would take it with you back to OZ. That way you would escape some taxes and duties,

I love Canada esp BC. I think alot of great bands come from there and love the nature/people etc

The weather well...... :D

Does anyone know if I could get a 240V output transformer from boogie to use in Australia?

There is no way you can take a head as carryon on a plane.

1. its too heavy
2. too many wires... (suspicious to the x-ray people)

Check it in as luggage. I know they will let you take it, BUT you will have to pay extra because of the weight. I think American Airline's weight limit is 50 lbs. A head inside an ATA case probable weighs around 80lbs. be prepared to pay extra charges.

Rockit Music in Orange County
They have lots of custom order stuff, alligator...wood
They have a few discounted now, cuz of the new models

http://www.rockitmusic.com

thats where I got this bad boy
newls18.jpg

You gotta stop posting that pic. I'm starting to think i need to trade in my 2x12 and gat a hardwood! :)

Latest posts

Back