Sold my Roadster.... I'm Boogie-less now............

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best of Luck to ya Tele_jas with new rigs. Stay in touch and let us know how it's going.

BTW- Thank you for all the help that you've given many of us along the way!!!!!

Yeah, thanks for helping me out with my RK Series 1 and the reverb problems I was having. I ended up moving to RK Series 2 and everything is great.

Always read and respected the posts you made.

I too think you will be back sooner that you realize.

Yeah, thanks for helping me out with my RK Series 1 and the reverb problems I was having. I ended up moving to RK Series 2 and everything is great.

Agreed! You helped me with my RK1 a number of times and you always give sound advice. So, just because you don't currently have a Boogie, doesn't mean that you have to disappear from the forum!

Real men play pink paisley's!!! :lol:

stash49 said:
For real country pickin' I wouldn't do a Boogie, except an LSS, perhaps. I ditched my Roadster, too.

I've got a RK on order so I can't offer an opinion as to it's suitability for country picking. But the Recto Pre I've had for years is absolutely perfect for that! It gives a full-bodied Fender type sound with even more punch and spank with a telecaster than a Fender amp. The "Evil Twin" I have sounds weazilly in comparison. And the clean channel can be tailored to have the perfect amount of breakup when you slam the strings rather than being squeaky clean if that's what you're after too.

Tele,
Actually, I'm Boogieless too though my Stiletto sale fell through. So, technically I have one. The quest for the tone that works for you is a never ending journey. I'm contemplating keeping the Stiletto b/c it's special.

Like you, I've found a TONE in this combo = VOX AC30CC + PRS P90s.

Good luck!

enigma said:
Tele,
Actually, I'm Boogieless too though my Stiletto sale fell through. So, technically I have one. The quest for the tone that works for you is a never ending journey. I'm contemplating keeping the Stiletto b/c it's special.

Like you, I've found a TONE in this combo = VOX AC30CC + PRS P90s.

Good luck!

What Stiletto and if you decide to still sell it, how much?

123thefirst said:
stash49 said:
For real country pickin' I wouldn't do a Boogie, except an LSS, perhaps. I ditched my Roadster, too.

I've got a RK on order so I can't offer an opinion as to it's suitability for country picking. But the Recto Pre I've had for years is absolutely perfect for that! It gives a full-bodied Fender type sound with even more punch and spank with a telecaster than a Fender amp. The "Evil Twin" I have sounds weazilly in comparison. And the clean channel can be tailored to have the perfect amount of breakup when you slam the strings rather than being squeaky clean if that's what you're after too.

I've got several clips of the Roadster with that kind of clean..... It was nice, but not quite what I wanted. I now have a few quick clips of the Dr. Z up there too.

The link is in my sig.

Latest posts

Back