Single Rectifier Replacement part- What is it???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalblitz84

Reaction score
My friend bought an early Single Rectifier a couple months back. Whenever he was on the clean channel and he turned the gain up to a certain point the sound would just cut out. He called Mesa, and being the awesome company they are, sent him the replacement part for free. Now, I'm sure we could try to install it ourselves, but we just need know what it is and where it goes in the chassis and how to install it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!!!

Pictures Below:

http://www.freewebs.com/realityimpaired/mesapics.htm

It is a volume pot.I can only assume that Mesa is assuming the gain control you described is shot.Not meaning to insult you,but if you have to ask what the part is,perhaps you should get somebody to install it for you.There are dangerous,even deadly voltages in an amp,and if you aint sure what you are doing you could get yourself dead.Not to mention damaging the amp further.If you feel you can change it,it is pretty simple,if you have some basic soldering skills.Just remove the old pot and solder in the new one.I would suggest making a drawing before you de-solder the wires from the old pot.Be careful,I would also suggest being sure the filter caps are discharged of high voltage before you touch anything inside the chassis.There are a number of points that can have high volts.

Unplug the amp before you do anything, and leave it off for a while (as in days I think). I have no clue as to how long you have to wait for the caps to discharge, so someone else is going to have to tell you that.

The installation is easy though. It just soldering three wires, very easy.

Latest posts

Back