Show us your guts! (Express Content)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not exactly sure if you are for or against ribbon cables with this comment. But what i can tell you is coming from a CET (certified electronics technician) there is nothing wrong with ribbon cables, actualy will improve the overall consistancy of an amp.

Where they use ribbon cables is where there is minimal voltage and most just were signal passes. This is more consistant because all ribbon cables will be almost 100% identical in spec's, plus they are alot easier to replace then then alot of sodered trace wires.

Boogiebabies said:
Melodyman said:
Boogiebabies said:
O.K., back to PCB's. you cannot doubt that Randall Smith, Rheinhold Bogner, Peter Diezel and Horst Langer are not geniuses, but when you start seeing ribbon cables in amps, you have to wonder how far the progress is going to go. Fundamentally, if the design is good and the amp maker has the common sense to make the amp it sonic best, it really does not matter what they look like. If you want to see art, I will post pictures of my RK II V2 and my Matchless.

Latest posts

Back