Show Love For Your (the) TREM-O-VERB Thread

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jgventura said:
Hm... am I not supposed to be getting noticible gain until about 3 o'clock?

Hmmmmm, I got noticable gain around 10:00/11:00 and ran it all the time at about 3:00, at the most, for my gain. I'd try a different guitar or cable or start checking the preamp tubes starting with V-1?!? 3:00 on the gain should be just about enough for everyone that likes metal and uses a humbucker guitar.

If you need a reference or a tone to compare it to, www.guitartest.moonfruit.com has a clip of my Road King on the Orange Vintage channel with approx. the following settings:
Gain 3:00
Bass 10:00
mid 11:30
treb 12:30
pres 11:00
in Spongy mode with the tube rectifier
(I think I listed the exact settings on the website).

****,... ya i mean, it's basically clean all the way until about 3... that could be a preamp tube problem?? I think im just gunna buy all new preamp tubes because my reverb doesnt work either,
:cry:

Yep, a preamp tube can cause that.. It can also be caused by a bad pot in one of your knobs (like the gain pot) or it could be something a little more serious or it could be something simple like a knob not turned up in the back.

As for your reverb, I'd check the cables to the tank and inside the head to make sure they're all hooked up. It's just a good ole' fashion RCA jack on each end that hooks those up.

tele_jas said:
Yep, a preamp tube can cause that.. It can also be caused by a bad pot in one of your knobs (like the gain pot) or it could be something a little more serious or it could be something simple like a knob not turned up in the back.

As for your reverb, I'd check the cables to the tank and inside the head to make sure they're all hooked up. It's just a good ole' fashion RCA jack on each end that hooks those up.

thanks! i'm pretty sure the rca cables are fine (small in the front closest to back of amp and the bigger, gray one in the back, closest to the front of the amp) A few people had suggested checking the driver tube for it, so I just gotta save up and get them

What channel are you not getting your gain on? Remember, you were (I think) running your Red channel in the Blues mode, not Modern!

ohhh haha, sorry i compltely forgot about that. nah, the gain thing is all better now, well now that i switched channels

I wanna get new tubes, how do JJ's EL34L's sound in a recto? I think I might persoanlly be a 6L6 guy, but I honestly have no comparison...

Try Jj's e34l's, they will give you extra mids, but retain a lot of the 6l6's low end and characteristics.
I had to sell mine because i was moving and couldn't take iut with me, i had it since 94.

I can't wait to have another one.

RR said:
I love my Trem-o-Verb too. 'Cause I don't like pedals, stomp boxes ... or anything putting an extra load between my pickups and the preamp section. But that just me.

That brings me to tremolo! Built-in! I guess my Fender upbringing.

Digital effects through the effect loop are fine for me.

I playing my Trem-o-Verb through a pair of Fanes Axions. I do have a half stack of Vintage 30s if I wanna an edgy metal, shred tone but the Fanes gives me the Classic Rock tone, rounder top end. Lose the sizzles compare to the Vintage 30s.

I tried EL34s, sounds different, gives upper harmonic but seems to lose some versatilities (tone controls don't react as much compare to 6L6s), went back to 6L6s which I prefer. But EL34s does has it advantage.

Its a keeper for me. Even if I plan to get a Road King II, I still need some simplicity (or back up?). :wink:

Back