Show Love For Your (the) TREM-O-VERB Thread

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgventura

Reaction score
This is my first Mesa ever, but so far, I like it a lot and I haven't even dialed in my gain yet, gettin' there though. If you've got a TREM-O-VERB, share all your stories, pictures, experiences, likes, dislikes, settings, customizations, ANYTHING.

I love my Trem-o-Verb too. 'Cause I don't like pedals, stomp boxes ... or anything putting an extra load between my pickups and the preamp section. But that just me.

That brings me to tremolo! Built-in! I guess my Fender upbringing.

Digital effects through the effect loop are fine for me.

I playing my Trem-o-Verb through a pair of Fanes Axions. I do have a half stack of Vintage 30s if I wanna an edgy metal, shred tone but the Fanes gives me the Classic Rock tone, rounder top end. Lose the sizzles compare to the Vintage 30s.

I tried EL34s, sounds different, gives upper harmonic but seems to lose some versatilities (tone controls don't react as much compare to 6L6s), went back to 6L6s which I prefer. But EL34s does has it advantage.

Its a keeper for me. Even if I plan to get a Road King II, I still need some simplicity (or back up?). :wink:

RR said:
Its a keeper for me. Even if I plan to get a Road King II, I still need some simplicity (or back up?). :wink:

A Tverb backing up a Road King II.....must be rough :lol:

I had a Tverb for a while. Did you recently get it from someone here on the Boogie board jgventura?
I thought there were some great tones in the amp and I enjoyed playing it. I started out using it through a Gflex 2x12, which is a bright cab. I could never use the presence knob or things just got way too bright for me. Later I used it with either an Avatar 4x12 w/V30s and G12H30s or a Mesa 4x12 w/V30s. I liked it better through the 4x12s.
I did have a few gripes. What is with the footswitches???? Dumb, dumb, dumb. I don't recall exactly what those heads went for new, but they couldn't include all the footswitches or make one that could do everything?
Channel switching - mine didn't pop, which was good but it did have some volume burst or volume dropping issues when channel switching with certain mode/cloning configurations. The only way I could get seemless switching was to setup like this: Red ch cloned to Orange - Orange channel in Vintage Gain mode and Red Ch in Clean mode. Worked ok as I liked the vintage gain on orange the best anyway, but it was dissappointing to have all these options and be forced to use one setup in a live application.
Engaging the tremolo dropped the volume, which made that useless for live applications as well.
Overall the tone was great, but those issues kept it from being the be all end all amp for me.

How about some past love?

boogiesi8wj.jpg

boogieslide said:
RR said:

I did say "if", didn't I? I should of emphasize "IF" - more :oops:

Adding newspaper route and swing shift at the burder joint to supplement my current job's salary, it will still be a while to obtain a Road King II. :cry:

RR said:
boogieslide said:
RR said:

I did say "if", didn't I? I should of emphasize "IF" - more :oops:

Adding newspaper route and swing shift at the burder joint to supplement my current job's salary, it will still be a while to obtain a Road King II. :cry:

I know....it was more of a hypothetical must be rough. My bad I should have clarified. I do hope you get there though!

boogieslide said:
I know....it was more of a hypothetical must be rough. My bad I should have clarified. I do hope you get there though!
I took your remark as funny :lol: So I returned a joke back.

Personally I'm going for more simplification, Road King II would be a chore on the learning curve. Some find it cool and neat, never get the same tone twice, :D Others will find it fustrating (like me). :?

But I'll always be a Boogie owner :wink:

RR said:

I've heard of using a T-verb, or two, as a back up to a Road King before :wink:

boogiesall38nm.jpg

Only for a couple of weeks though, I had to eventually sell both of them to pay for the RK, but it was a good trade off IMO.

I really miss that Blonde T-verb head!

boogieslide said:
I had a Tverb for a while. Did you recently get it from someone here on the Boogie board jgventura?

I did have a few gripes. What is with the footswitches???? Dumb, dumb, dumb. I don't recall exactly what those heads went for new, but they couldn't include all the footswitches or make one that could do everything?

No no, actually, my Mesa story is under the "Rigs & Tones" forum with the title "My 1st Mesa : )", I kinda like it :lol:

And ya, ugh, I hate the footswitch situation... who in their right mind would want 4 pedals JUST to control the amp, haha. I am actually about to build one myself, I will post pictures in the "Foot Pedals & Misc Mesa Stuff" forum when it's done, and believe me, it's going be be NICE, think V-twin :shock:

Also, I was considering getting that G-Flex 2x12, how are they???

tele_jas said:

Man, I have to say... I'm a total sucker for those cream colored Trems ::melts:: I kinda wanna do mine in snakeskin :shock: ... but, I think it'll clash with the Trems personality, haha.

But come on, how SIQ is snakeskin?
soldano-slo-100-snake.JPG
Ya ya, I know it's a Soldano, but I've never seen ANY Mesa in snakeskin, so I needed some reference?

[/quote]

No no, actually, my Mesa story is under the "Rigs & Tones" forum with the title "My 1st Mesa : )", I kinda like it :lol:

And ya, ugh, I hate the footswitch situation... who in their right mind would want 4 pedals JUST to control the amp, haha. I am actually about to build one myself, I will post pictures in the "Foot Pedals & Misc Mesa Stuff" forum when it's done, and believe me, it's going be be NICE, think V-twin :shock:

Also, I was considering getting that G-Flex 2x12, how are they???[/quote]

Of the 3 cabs I ran the Tverb through the Gflex was the brightest. But it was tight and punchy. I had some tones that I really liked with that setup. I still have the Gflex for a 2x12 option when I want or need to go a little smaller. I have not compared them personally to other 2x12s, but it gets two thumbs up from me.

C'mon, it can't just be a couple of people that currently have, or had, encountered, or experienced a TREM-O-VERB?! Don't let this thread die so young :cry:

212cl_26b.jpg

412tsl_26b.jpg

412tstr_26b.jpg

jqventura said:
But come on, how SIQ is snakeskin? Ya ya, I know it's a Soldano, but I've never seen ANY Mesa in snakeskin, so I needed some reference?

snakeskin's a custom option. There, now you've seen a Mesa in Snakeskin.

oh... my... god... :roll: :eek: :D :lol: :shock: ugh, I mean, i knew it was a custom option... and when I ordered a part for my amp, I had asked out of curiosity how much it'd be to rewrap mine in snakeskin (which i was told they build a whole new cabinet) and uh... my jaw dropped... a whopping $600 some odd dollars! ****! I wonder if it can be done by myself? haha I'm not sure if I wanna risk it. But thanks SO much for that... may I ask, where did you find those???

i think you forgot this :shock: I think this is the closest to what mine would look like... unless I found the Soldano type snakeskin
stl-d_26b.jpg
:lol:

Back