• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shady Mark IV head auction (ebay)..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajtooke

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/MESA-BOOGIE-MARK-IV-MEDIUM-HEAD_W0QQitemZ300153922947QQihZ020QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$1260 shipped with buy it now, but he only accepts wire transfer as payment and he won't ship until 10/6. I asked why for both of those, he said he can't get his Paypal to work and he's on vacation until the 6th.

Staying away..

They're a hot item right now, and musicians are a dumb breed in general, look how much we pay to make noise :D
In all honesty, most people take advantage of anyone and musicians are an easy mark.

I saw this auction earlier and thought to myself......" why sell an item and expect payment two weeks before you can ship it ?"

Wire transfer only ? This has got to be the most obvious scam I have seen yet. I hope no one falls for this.

Yeah I saw this the day it was listed and listed it on my watch list. I'm keeping track of it. It's against ebay policy to ship two weeks after the sale. He has 7 days to ship. I'm really amazed how ebay is letting this **** happen.

I was watching a Epi Les Paul Custom on ebay for .99 cents. The dude wrote in his ad the last day of the auction that he was having his brother place a $320 bid one it.

Isn't that abusing the system on ebay and unfair to the buyers out there?

hello this was my response on the other thread about my amp

Hello , I am the owner of the Mark IV you guys are talking about, it is my auction , some think its shady but its really not, about the pot being broke, it ISNT BROKEN, the switch is but the POT ISNT BROKEN , I was only accepting wire transfer only because I need the money fast, and by paypal it takes longer for it to get transfered to my bank account , I stated in the description that it was going to be shipped october 6th because I'm not at home right now, if you dont like that part dont bid as simple as that , and on my english , yes english isnt my 1st language so it isnt perfect.

Putting an item up for sale when you actually cannot commit to satisfying the sale by getting the item to the buyer in the time allotted by Ebay puts much of the " shady" in the auction. Your approach sends the message that you are desperate for the buyers money ( wire transaction) but in no rush to satisfy the sale ( cannot ship for 2 weeks) .

Buyer beware.

Your conduct and business approach leave enough room for speculation. A seller must and should make the buyer feel confident that the seller is concerned first and foremost with the buyer's satisfaction. Your auction sends the message that you only care about satisfying your urgent need for money and that satisfying the buyer is secondary to you.

Coming on this board and defending yourself is a respectable notion. Maybe you've learned something.

Welcome to the Boogie Board.

Not to mention shipping 2-3 weeks after the sale ends is against ebay policy. Seller has to ship within 7 days. per ebay rules.

I agree with stompfreak, you seemed to be more concerned about your need rather making a buyer feel comfortable.

I was milliseconds away from clicking the BIN button. Then decided to give the ad one more look over.... and my intuition just felt like something wasn't right.

i know personally, i never even bid on anything if i can't pay through paypal. and i always sell paypal only. the added buyer protection is a great peace of mind and i think it is to a great number of other folks. i guess my feeling is that wire transfers in general just feel shady because there is no protection there at all.

^^^ you'll change your opinion when paypal screws you out of money (in my case $2000+)

I learned first hand not to deal with PayPal anymore. Read my story here: http://www.gear-monkey.com/forums/index.php?topic=119.msg405#new

Not only did I lose money, but people who I bought from lost money due this paypal scandal. PayPal is above the law.

It explains it in my thread. It all began from a charge back.

If you are asking what landed the charged back? The answer is because a buyer off ebay jumped the gun and filed a SNAD claim against a Randall Warhead that was damaged in shipping. ($67 worth of damage in fact) On top of that, he wanted an extra $250 refund because he had to pay customs tax (or whatever international tax international buyers are responsible for) and wanted me to give him free shipping because the Warhead broke. Again, it was a $67.00 fix through a Authorized Randall technician and the package was fully insured. (he sent me the estimate with letter head)

It was a big mess and I was being scammed from a buyer who was abusing the system. Because that, PayPal made my life hell... and people who I purchased from also got stung in this mess.

I'm still going through hell from this paypal scam! Paypal took a guys money right out of his account to help recoup my negative account. How can they do this? I don't know... but they can and they did.

Back