Selling my Road King II Head ..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xscottx9

Reaction score
I had it up here a month or so ago, but GC told me I could return it .. so I pulled the ad fast. GC would not return it *manager* as the amp was special order/past 30 days .. etc. It took 9 weeks to get.

So. If you would like mine, send me an email. I will take some pics later tonight. The amp is NEW .. prolly 1 hour max playtime, and it shipped with a cracked 12AX7, but since then Mesa sent me 6 *higher grade premium* 12AX7's. Marked as Chinese 1's.

I will sell the amp for 2350.00 Shipped to lower 48. It contains all the goodies, including the mesa shipping box.

let me know if your interested. You are basically saving a 8-12 week order wait, tax, and 200$.

[email protected]

*whip crack*

Hehe jk...simple solution really, just sell her car and pay the amp off. Then turn around and buy her another car with the left over money and get a better interest rate on the car. Then you get a free amp, a lower car paymeny, and a happier wife! Or you could just get rid of her......I'm talking about the amp!!! :D

jackieTHEjokeman said:
:lol:

Never admit your wife is forcing you to sell your gear.

True. But I was thinking it had more to do with what went on in this thread:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=6781&highlight=

CudBucket said:
jackieTHEjokeman said:
:lol:

Never admit your wife is forcing you to sell your gear.

True. But I was thinking it had more to do with what went on in this thread:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=6781&highlight=

Good Catch Cudbucket!!!! :lol: :roll: :shock:

yes .. But that was a TUBE problem. Fixed, better than fixed as Mesa sent me there extra special 12AX7's .. its in my original post.

I am selling it, ..take it or leave it. The amp is 100% functional, and better than when I bought it.

After reading that thread I can understand why he is selling it. I have very little patience for unreliable stuff, especially in this price range. For what mesa charges they should ship there stuff out in a returnable padded wooden crate LOL..........

If I have the same problems with the roadster 212 combo I have on order I will sell it too or have G.C. choke on it.

Good luck selling it, Hope all is well................... :D

shnapper, so would I. It could have been returned a long time ago. Just makes me wonder what the real reason for selling it is. I doubt he'd mention any of the trouble he had to any prospective buyer.

Plus, he says it works "perfectly" so reliability shouldn't be an issue right?

You guys are looking at it the wrong way. Mesa has a 5 year warranty and stand behind their product. It's tubes, circuitry and wiring, hand built. There's bound to be one in the bunch that isn't perfect upon arriving but mesa will fix it and make it work. I had the same problem when I got my roadster. Cracked tube in shipment. They sent me a tube and now it's working perfectly. Just had to be patient until the tube arrived. Besides the fact that they make great amps, customer service is great..........that goes along way IMO. Lets say he does have a bad taste in his mouth because of his experience, the next guy is getting a great amp for a good price.

francric said:
You guys are looking at it the wrong way. Mesa has a 5 year warranty and stand behind their product. It's tubes, circuitry and wiring, hand built. There's bound to be one in the bunch that isn't perfect upon arriving but mesa will fix it and make it work. I had the same problem when I got my roadster. Cracked tube in shipment. They sent me a tube and now it's working perfectly. Just had to be patient until the tube arrived. Besides the fact that they make great amps, customer service is great..........that goes along way IMO. Lets say he does have a bad taste in his mouth because of his experience, the next guy is getting a great amp for a good price.

I agree 100%.

Yeah...but no one really wants to buy a high ticket item that has been known to have problems...especially when the used price is not far from what you'd pay new.

The new head goes for $2499, he's asking $2350. I speak for myself...even if this unit never had a problem, I'd rather pay the additional $150 + tax to be the first to open the box and handle the amp.

Heck most stores would charge you 15 to 20% restocking fee, which would put the amp at around $2K

This forum is a great place to share info, thoughts, report problems....but it can also do you in if you're later trying to sell the same item you posted a here with a problem.

like I said before, .. the amp is fine. Its better then the NEW Mesa you will buy. It has 6 NEW 12ax7's, labeled as "Special Professional needs" . or something to the like.

My problem was thin, cracked tubes. I AM NOT HIDING IT. . its in my original post at the top of this thing. And it is fixed.

If I were wanting to buy a NEW RK II, this would be a no brainer. AND I would not hide a **** thing to the buyer ..

I suspect some of you just like to stir the pot. I am in Seattle, .. I have a pot for you if ya like. . .and a RK II for sale at VERY good price.

I'm curious. How is it better than new? Nothing's better than new. You've owned this for a while and you've been inside the amp changing tubes, etc., etc.

It might be as close to new as possible but it can't be better.

new .. they come with the lesser grade "12AX7's".

end it Crud. Im not gonna get into a pi$$in match with ya ..

xscottx9 said:
new .. they come with the lesser grade "12AX7's".

Oh really? How do you figure? Still, kind of ballsy to claim it's better than new.

xscottx9 said:
end it Crud. Im not gonna get into a pi$$in match with ya ..

Then lay of the name-calling. I'm just asking honest questions. Questions you seem to have a problem with.

Wanna keep pissin'?

Come on guys... I feel like I'm reading harmony central here :D

xscott, you'd probably have more luck posting this in the boogie classifieds :idea:

Latest posts

Back