Selling my Road King II Head ..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Platypus said:
Come on guys... I feel like I'm reading harmony central here :D

Point taken, Platypus. I'm done. Promise. Gonna go home and play my RKII.

im sorry cud ..

This whole time I read your name as "Crudbucket" serious ..

So I am sittin here gettin flamed by a guy named "@$#% bucket" .. thought you were just a Troll. Did not mean to call you a name ..

but yes, other than that. You have my address ..

What about you? Scott,how do you feel? it must break your heart to sell your RK! :cry: I just sold my solohead50 and it broke mine...but it my good humor got back when i start to play with recto pre and the 2:100 :twisted: .

xscottx9 said:
im sorry cud ..

This whole time I read your name as "Crudbucket" serious ..

So I am sittin here gettin flamed by a guy named "@$#% bucket" .. thought you were just a Troll. Did not mean to call you a name ..

but yes, other than that. You have my address ..

No troll here. No prolem Scott. Good luck selling your amp. Are you planning to replace it with something else? Another Boogie?

Wow, forced haggling over a cheap chinese tube with thin glass.
Classy.

Put the amp on E-Bay. There are places in this country that do not have Mesa dealers and would be very pleased to have your amp @ $ 2350 plus shipping with warranty and no tax.

zool said:
There are places in this country that do not have Mesa dealers and would be very pleased to have your amp @ $ 2350 plus shipping with warranty and no taxquote]

NOT! People in those places can order one from a dealer outside their state and not have to pay tax. So for them the diff is $150 saving.

Hardly worth it.. (given the amp's retail price).

I got mine new for about that price when you consider the extra goodies (EMG 81/85's, cables) that were thrown in. But there is a point about having better tubes installed. I actually am going to get a complete re-tube kit from eurotubes.com

smashingchicago said:
I got mine new for about that price when you consider the extra goodies (EMG 81/85's, cables) that were thrown in. But there is a point about having better tubes installed. I actually am going to get a complete re-tube kit from eurotubes.com

Tubes are subjective. Like strings, speakers, etc.

CudBucket said:
smashingchicago said:

Tubes are subjective. Like strings, speakers, etc.

True, but those that favor the tubes he put in might opt for it. It seems like there are alot of people who prefer anything other than the stock Mesa tubes.

At this stage I can say that I'm not overly bothered with sticking with the stock Mesa tubes. Of course this may change at a later date :wink:

Ciao ...

I never let the tubes that are currently in an amp impact my decision to buy it or, my assessment of it's condition. In this case, it's like not buying a pristine corvette because you don't like the tires that are on it. It's a wear-and-tear item and is going to be changed ultimately anyway.

CudBucket said:
I never let the tubes that are currently in an amp impact my decision to buy it or, my assessment of it's condition. In this case, it's like not buying a pristine corvette because you don't like the tires that are on it. It's a wear-and-tear item and is going to be changed ultimately anyway.

Nor should you let tubes affect your overall decision to buy an amp. But the point here is that if you are buying something used and it already has all the extra's that you want (in this case, tubes), you might be willing to pay a little more for it knowing that you don't have to upgrade anything.

To use your corvette example, I might be willing to pay a certain price if it already has the exact tires I want.

Anyway, this horse has been beat, but I think the point has been made.

smashingchicago said:
CudBucket said:

Nor should you let tubes affect your overall decision to buy an amp. But the point here is that if you are buying something used and it already has all the extra's that you want (in this case, tubes), you might be willing to pay a little more for it knowing that you don't have to upgrade anything.

To use your corvette example, I might be willing to pay a certain price if it already has the exact tires I want.

Anyway, this horse has been beat, but I think the point has been made.

I agree.

Hey guys ..

I been in Japan for the last 3 months. The amp has been in my closet back home the whole time.

I would still like to sell it, so if anyone is interested, let me know.

It has maybe 1 hour play time or less on it, .. and well .. you can about the tubes in this post.

email me at [email protected] if interested. I get home on Thursday, and if no ones bites here, ill try HC .. then EBay. thanks

2000 plus shipping, Plus Paypal fee, if you want to use paypal.

[email protected]

Latest posts

Back