Rock Band.. thought this was crazy.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maldeve

Reaction score
If you had a group of friends and wanted to play music togther why would you do it this way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQmDa9jolmg

I guess you would have all the fundamentals of a band but with a easy button? Just seems to defeat the whole purpose..

What I think about that and the whole Guitar Hero franchise would probably get me banned from this forum.

On the positive side, lets just hope it sparks someones interest in trying a REAL instrument.

Yet another stone in the road to mediocrity in America. :cry:

I don't know about the rest of you gigging musicians, but I actually miss the competitive camradre of the old days between bands & guitarists! What really makes me sick now is when some arrogant one-upper at a gig comes up and tells me: "Yeah, well I bet I can kick your *** at Guitar Hero!" :roll:

jesserides2005 said:
Yet another stone in the road to mediocrity in America. :cry:

I don't know about the rest of you gigging musicians, but I actually miss the competitive camradre of the old days between bands & guitarists! What really makes me sick now is when some arrogant one-upper at a gig comes up and tells me: "Yeah, well I bet I can kick your *** at Guitar Hero!" :roll:

Kicking *** at Guitar Hero is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

phaboo wrote: "Kicking *** at Guitar Hero is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude, That is so awesomely politically incorrect and so true it made my week!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Thanks!

Dude, that quote's classic. I remember it from a long time ago, maybe 5 years even. I laugh everytime! :p

God, my friends are obsessed with Guitar Hero! I donated my PlayStation2 and games to a hospital for sick kids a few months back, because I never used it, and I've just concentrated on playing real guitar for such a long time. I'm glad I did. It's a lot more fulfilling than succeeding at a video game, (and it gets you chicks :wink: )

The good thing about these games is they give the chance to those people who will never be able to afford real equipment and gear and whatever. I agree with Mr_You about the fact that it will hopefully spark an interest in REAL musical instruments.

These days you can get a perfectly good cheap fender or ibanez guitar brand new for less than a new playstation. But that would require effort, imagination and dedication. Something that may be lost in our socioty. Oops this is getting political isn't it. Sorry!!!

I make video games for a living and I have to say I think this game is great. Don't get me wrong though - I tried playing once and it'll NEVER happen again. As someone who can play a real guitar I find this game annoying to play as the 'notes' almost never match up to the beat of what is actually being played. I'd rather sit down and play my real guitar.

With that said... this game was not intended for people who can play guitar. It's made for people who want to rock out but don't have the talent, dedication/discipline etc to play a real instrument. With that in mind I think the developers did a fantastic job. I know a lot of people who play this game all of the time and they have a great time doing so.

I still vote "retard."

If I hear this one more time I'm going to go homicidal:

"You play guitar? Wow! You must REALLY like Guitar Hero, then!"

Back