Road King vs. Diezel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rabies said:
Anybody ever A/B'd a Mesa Road King 1 or 2 with a Diezel? I've seen some top metal acts using Diezel now. What's so special about Diezel heads that they cost almost twice as much as top of the line Mesas?

Well, they're imported. Go buy a Road King in Germany and see what it costs there.

ytse_jam said:
Nelg said:
People aren't idiots, they don't pay $4000-5000 for amps when they know they can get a Recto for under $2000.
like people buyin markIIC+ for $5000 instead of a MarkIV? :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So true :lol: :lol:

JAZZGEAR said:
ytse_jam said:
Nelg said:
People aren't idiots, they don't pay $4000-5000 for amps when they know they can get a Recto for under $2000.

i got mine for less than a new mark4. :D i guess i'm a lucky one. all this on a college budget....if my parents only knew it all costs double what i tell them i'd be hung by the &^%#

Elpelotero said:
JAZZGEAR said:
ytse_jam said:

i got mine for less than a new mark4. :D i guess i'm a lucky one. all this on a college budget....if my parents only knew it all costs double what i tell them i'd be hung by the &^%#

Honestly, I haven't heard of Mark IIC+s going for $5000, anywhere. I'd say getting a IIC+ for less than a new Mark IV is a pretty **** good deal, the last time I checked they were going for a couple hundred more than brand new Mark IVs on ebay.

Nelg said:
Honestly, I haven't heard of Mark IIC+s going for $5000
maybe in usa! here there is one selling his snakeskin head for 5500 euros, so about $7100!!!
however i was just kidding in that statement about C+s... but, seriously, i think we must distinguish between buying a C+ as an amp or as an investment.
If i'm searching for my main amp, i cannot see how i could go with a C+ instead of a IV, since the versatility and good tone of this last one... but obviously this is true only if i'm not a rich person who can actualize all his own desires (or if you're a pro), and if i'm the kind of guitarist who uses all the time the same tone (quite boring though), so no need for versatility. Then, if i already had a mark IV and wanted to buy another amp i wouldn't go with a totally similar sounding amp (except if i had so much money to spend, but so we're still in that rich people category as said above), but i rather go with a recto or a marshall...
BUT, if you consider buying a C+ as investment, it is surely worth to buy it (waiting for the time it will sell for $10,000 :D )

maybe in usa! here there is one selling his snakeskin head for 5500 euros, so about $7100!!!

Man I understand now, I get it, its like me getting 3 domino's pizza'a for $19 but if I want the real good stuff from Vincenzo's down the street I pay $30 just for the one. But in Italy I'll bet you get the best pizza in the world for a few Euros! Its all export and demand.

**** you Italians with your great pizza and my world cup!

:wink:

PS

Its not this amp is it?
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=9402

David.W said:

Man I understand now, I get it, its like me getting 3 domino's pizza'a for $19 but if I want the real good stuff from Vincenzo's down the street I pay $30 just for the one. But in Italy I'll bet you get the best pizza in the world for a few Euros! Its all export and demand.

**** you Italians with your great pizza and my world cup!

:wink:

PS

Its not this amp is it?
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=9402
eh eh, pizza is quite good here where i live, but i live in northern italy, if you want to try a real pizza you must go to Napoli in the south! then, world cup has no price!!! i really didn't thought we could win it at the beginning...
however no, that's not the amp i was talking about, that is a markIV... if you can understand a little bit of italian take a look at this (there's also a pic):

http://www.mercatinomusicale.com/ann/ann.asp/IDA_522359/mesa-boogie-mark-ii-c+-(no-marshall).htm

copy/paste the address if it doesn't work!

Don't know about Diezels, but I can tell you that I love my Uberschall!!!

I always have to run a Metal Zone as a clean boost/EQ in front of my Rectos, and while I love that sound too, the Bogner is the only amp that sounds completely killer all by itself.

You do have to use Vintage 30's and set up it's e.q. (in a way most don't try- presence and High almost all the way up/ mids a little over half, bass a little lower than mids) to bring out it's mids, but the uber has a totally unique and full tone that really responds to your fingers touch. So many who try it set the usual metal scoop on the controls (bass & highs all the way with the mids totally cut and the presence off) which will give you an insane Dime type crunch in your bedroom, but get's buried by the band.

It's just a refreshing/inspiring change of flavor than the Recto. I switch back and forth between them every few weeks to keep my tones fresh and exciting.

Nelg said:
Boogiebabies said:
The Herbert, like the Bogner Uberschall are both attemps to capture the Red/Modern Mesa Rectifier tone at triple the expense.

Are you serious? No they don't.

Their voicings are completely different. Just like how Rectifiers have a unique sound, Uberschalls and Herberts do too. It's like saying Recto's are trying to be like JCM 800s. They are completely different amps with completely different tonal qualities.

People aren't idiots, they don't pay $4000-5000 for amps when they know they can get a Recto for under $2000. They buy Herberts and Uberschalls because maybe they need something with a good clean channel that is versitile and has a MUCH tighter and bigger bottom (Herbert) or something that has the same punchy pissed off bottom that no other amp has (Uberschall).

Using the word "Idiot" is very distasteful when the reply was preceded by the word "Attemp". So basically, botht the Herbert and Ubershall are an attempt to drop the bottom end to around 60Hz. You Dig !!!

And yes, I am insanely wealthy. I have Trump's number on my cell and we gold once a month. 8)

Boogiebabies said:
Nelg said:
Boogiebabies said:
The Herbert, like the Bogner Uberschall are both attemps to capture the Red/Modern Mesa Rectifier tone at triple the expense.

Are you serious? No they don't.

Their voicings are completely different. Just like how Rectifiers have a unique sound, Uberschalls and Herberts do too. It's like saying Recto's are trying to be like JCM 800s. They are completely different amps with completely different tonal qualities.

People aren't idiots, they don't pay $4000-5000 for amps when they know they can get a Recto for under $2000. They buy Herberts and Uberschalls because maybe they need something with a good clean channel that is versitile and has a MUCH tighter and bigger bottom (Herbert) or something that has the same punchy pissed off bottom that no other amp has (Uberschall).

Using the word "Idiot" is very distasteful when the reply was preceded by the word "Attemp". So basically, botht the Herbert and Ubershall are an attempt to drop the bottom end to around 60Hz. You Dig !!!

And yes, I am insanely wealthy. I have Trump's number on my cell and we gold once a month. 8)

I wanna 'gold' once a month, **** rich people and their money slang!

:D

Why Gold when you can have an American Express Platinum and Black card. I meant Golf, and missed the f.

You only live once and you can't take it with you.

Uh, hold on, Bill Gates is PM'ing me. :D

Actually, I've found the pizza in Italy to be a little disappointing. Everyone knows, the best pizza in the world comes from New York City in the good old USA.

Been to Italy myself and could'nt agree with you^ more.Actually where I went Florence,Venice the pizza was served at room temperature to cold! Steak was good though....

oh god where are our traditions finished??? :( :D
i've never been to usa, but i remember ninja turtles used to eat pizza in NYC (were they in nyc?) and it seems to me they found it good :wink:

haha yeah that was NY in the Ninja Turtles!! If it's good enough for the TMNT it's good enough for me!! LOL :)

ytse_jam said:
just courious, which were ninja turtles' names in usa?

Donatello
Michelangelo
Leonardo
Raphael

Yes they where Italian and enjoyed Pizza, hhahaha

Latest posts

Back